PiePants 72 Posted May 29, 2024 (edited) Will there be conditions in which AoH3 is deemed "won" or "lost"? Will it be purely a sandbox experience? i.e. to "win" a game you must: - conquer x% of the map - build x number of wonders - have x number of vassals or alliances - convert x regions to your religion - Research the most tech - Reach x income - Have x number exports / trade routes A few random ideas there, would love for this game to be "winnable" in some way Very excited for this game! Keeping a close eye on the development Edited May 29, 2024 by PiePants Łukasz Jakowski, Nowarhia and Wayne23lololh 2 1 Quote Share this post Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Денис Живков 753 Posted May 29, 2024 Just now, PiePants said: Will there be conditions in which AoH3 is deemed "won" or "lost"? Will it be purely a sandbox experience? i.e. to "win" a game you must: - conquer x amount of territories - build x number of wonders - have x number of vassals or alliances - control x number of map regions, - Research the most tech - Reach x income A few random ideas there, would love for this game to be "winnable" in some way Very excited for this game! Keeping a close eye on the development You will win only if you no longer have any opponents in the game. That's what winning means. Age of History 3 will not be a linear strategy, which was absolutely all the Paradox Interactive games that can be played until the very last end date of the game and without doing anything. That's why they love games from this studio, that the game doesn't force you to play and capture. On the contrary, coalitions against giants are introduced in the game and all countries unite to confront. In Age of History, the capture of all provinces is not necessary, but no one wants to play like that anymore and it doesn't make sense. 桂圆甜不甜 1 Quote Share this post Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
PiePants 72 Posted May 29, 2024 2 minutes ago, Денис Живков said: You will win only if you no longer have any opponents in the game. That's what winning means. Age of History 3 will not be a linear strategy, which was absolutely all the Paradox Interactive games that can be played until the very last end date of the game and without doing anything. That's why they love games from this studio, that the game doesn't force you to play and capture. On the contrary, coalitions against giants are introduced in the game and all countries unite to confront. In Age of History, the capture of all provinces is not necessary, but no one wants to play like that anymore and it doesn't make sense. Oh okay that's useful to know, thank you. Personally, I do like playing for a certain ending (e.g., 'domination win), but the I really dislike the part of the win in which it's clear that you've won, and it's just mindless clicking until the end. If the AI in the game is truly good enough to truly unite and stop giants, rather than just let it happen, then I'm all for there being no 'win conditions'. Was just curious having come from games like Civ - how similar I could expect game trajectories for AoH3 to be. As long as it's a fun game, I'm in! Денис Живков 1 Quote Share this post Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Денис Живков 753 Posted May 29, 2024 1 minute ago, PiePants said: Oh okay that's useful to know, thank you. Personally, I do like playing for a certain ending (e.g., 'domination win), but the I really dislike the part of the win in which it's clear that you've won, and it's just mindless clicking until the end. If the AI in the game is truly good enough to truly unite and stop giants, rather than just let it happen, then I'm all for there being no 'win conditions'. Was just curious having come from games like Civ - how similar I could expect game trajectories for AoH3 to be. As long as it's a fun game, I'm in! You infect with optimism! PiePants 1 Quote Share this post Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
PiePants 72 Posted May 29, 2024 Will trade routes feature in AoH3? Денис Живков 1 Quote Share this post Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Денис Живков 753 Posted May 29, 2024 1 minute ago, PiePants said: Will trade routes feature in AoH3? Maybe, but there will be no details. It just might be that the provinces lying on the trade routes bring substantial income. And that's it.! PiePants 1 Quote Share this post Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
qxz 622 Posted May 29, 2024 I would think Lukasz would add this as it was present in the previous title if I'm not mistaken Quote Share this post Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
PiePants 72 Posted May 29, 2024 1 hour ago, qxz said: I would think Lukasz would add this as it was present in the previous title if I'm not mistaken How did the mechanic function? Quote Share this post Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
qxz 622 Posted May 30, 2024 22 minutes ago, PiePants said: How did the mechanic function? I do not remember, sorry. I just recall having seen it somewhere, so I might be confusing it with another game of a similar type. I might be very wrong. Quote Share this post Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...