Age of History 3
ElectricSquid7

AoCII crahsed on start

Question

The last time I actually played AoCII was a few days ago. I exited the game and turned off my computer (you see, the game won't work twice in one session of the computer; I have to turn it off and on again to start a new game). The next day I opened my computer and attempted to open AoCII, but found it crashed. I considered this strange, but I thought little of it, so I just restarted my computer and tried again. Again I met the same problem. I tried numerous times, and sometimes it would automatically uninstall and I had to reinstall it, and even after this it still would not work. The game would load to 99%, and then just automatically close. I don't know what the problem is; previously I had a problem involving saves, and I found that deleting all the saves I had before worked to partially solve that, but when I tried that this time it didn't work. I don't know if I can find any help here, but I'll be damned if I don't try. Please give me suggestions.

5 answers to this question

Ok this is what you need to do. ( if you have windows 10 this should work )

This pc > Program Files (x86) > Steam > steamapps > common > Age of civilizations II

Delete the age of civilizations folder to completely uninstall the game. The problem with steam is that it doesnt always completely remove some games from your PC.

Doing this will require you to start all over though. 

1 hour ago, vendex_thegreatest said:

Ok this is what you need to do. ( if you have windows 10 this should work )

This pc > Program Files (x86) > Steam > steamapps > common > Age of civilizations II

Delete the age of civilizations folder to completely uninstall the game. The problem with steam is that it doesnt always completely remove some games from your PC.

Doing this will require you to start all over though. 

is there any way I can do this and save my scenarios? Like, if I moved all my civilizations and scenarios to another folder and reinstalled them afterwords?

2 hours ago, ElectricSquid7 said:

is there any way I can do this and save my scenarios? Like, if I moved all my civilizations and scenarios to another folder and reinstalled them afterwords?

I believe so. Install the scenarios as if your installing someone else's. Apparently the civilizations come with the scenarios but im not sure exactly. Back the civilizations up just incase as well.

2 minutes ago, vendex_thegreatest said:

I believe so. Install the scenarios as if your installing someone else's. Apparently the civilizations come with the scenarios but im not sure exactly. Back the civilizations up just incase as well.

in my experience it doesn't come with the civilizations, but idk for certain

regardless I'll be certain to back them up