Age of History 3
ElectricSquid7

Suggest for Leaders: Reign Dates

Have you ever found the wrong leader shows up for the wrong scenario? The current mechanic the game uses is that is chooses the leader born closest to the date of the scenario. However, I suggest introducing Reign Dates - start and end dates for a leader's reign. Say, for example, you had Wilhelm II of Germany as a leader. Wilhelm was born in 1856, but you had a scenario set in 1880. In real history, Wilhelm didn't come to power until 1888. However, in this scenario, Wilhelm would be the leader of Germany due to his birthdate. However, if you set the begin of his reign to 1888, then he wouldn't come to power until 1888, just like real life. Say you also wanted to add the end of his reign to be 1918 - come 1918, his reign would end.

With the reign system, the problem of having the wrong leader for the wrong scenario would end. You could add ever US president, and because of the Reign system, they would each be able to take power in order. Tired of having Abraham Lincoln in charge of the US in 1836? The Reign system can end that!

Now, what if you don't enter a start date or end date? The game could simply resort to its original design, that being the system of choosing a leader based on their birth date.

I, personally, think this is a good idea, and I hope Lukasz sees it and considers it.

33 minutes ago, LildawgGaming said:

Interesting idea. But remember that Lukasz has to add the code for the reign start AND reign end.  So who knows when he would work on it.

Not sure how busy he is, and I certainly wouldn't want to bother him, but I certainly think it would be a good idea to clean up some of the leader gore we tend to get

On 1/15/2019 at 2:19 AM, ElectricSquid7 said:

Not sure how busy he is, and I certainly wouldn't want to bother him, but I certainly think it would be a good idea to clean up some of the leader gore we tend to get

Maybe he can get the forum to work for him or something like that. Someone can send their work of countries.

Also, i think it would also require tracking down dynasties if we're talking about monarchies that didn't exist in the first place. It needs a lot of people and teamwork. If this forum wants it, i can try to take a part for some dynasties. I can't mod, so i guess i would just write the dynasties and possible candidates for nonexistent countries.

On 1/19/2019 at 2:33 PM, JustAnUser said:

Maybe he can get the forum to work for him or something like that. Someone can send their work of countries.

Also, i think it would also require tracking down dynasties if we're talking about monarchies that didn't exist in the first place. It needs a lot of people and teamwork. If this forum wants it, i can try to take a part for some dynasties. I can't mod, so i guess i would just write the dynasties and possible candidates for nonexistent countries.

I'm not sure what you're on about, all I'm suggesting is that leaders can have set dates of when they come to power and leave power. It could even be edited for custom leaders.

9 hours ago, ElectricSquid7 said:

I'm not sure what you're on about, all I'm suggesting is that leaders can have set dates of when they come to power and leave power. It could even be edited for custom leaders.

But wouldn't that require adding a ton of leaders?

On 1/21/2019 at 1:17 AM, JustAnUser said:

But wouldn't that require adding a ton of leaders?

Not necessarily, if a leader's reign ends and there's no leader immediately following them then there can just be no leader in that period lol

12 hours ago, ElectricSquid7 said:

Not necessarily, if a leader's reign ends and there's no leader immediately following them then there can just be no leader in that period lol

Or maybe he can add family lines like Hasburgs. This way, he can add things like royal marriages too.

Guest kokoridoo

It's definitely kokorec, it's a bad idea