Age of History 3
Frio

My personal opinion

I saw that some people is talking about their opinion of the game. And why not, why not me?

Where can I start. I want to say first that the work that this game has is a lot. A team by only 1 person and get this great community, is very good.

Now, my opinion.

The game for me is ok. Is not a bad game, I only see it so much arcade, and it has no realistic things. To take my example, I will explain my first saved game and then, read my suggestions.

I took Spain in my first and actual game and I have +1500 turns and +60 game years.

I select Spain and I start. I saw only 51% of people happiness. First problem. Why I can do +20 parties on a single turn to increase happiness? In 3 months, I pass from 51% to 85% of happiness and 0% of Rebellion probabilities with Catalonia and only 3% of Catalonian people on Catalonia provinces. Wth.

Ok, first thing done, then, I want to increase my economy, I put the taxes and investigation higher. Wait, why are Germany and France fighting? Germany destroyed France, 4 turns after, Germany destroyed Poland. Lol. Without talking about the unrespectful words of countries. Why is my diplomacy with Italy of -56 suddently and why USA is a friendly nation suddently? Ok, everything is happening very fast. I gain a lot of soldiers and rich provinces, and I will focus on North Africa. Ok, Gibraltar is independent, obviously destroyed in a turn.

I go for Morocco, I simply destroy a half of the country and Algeria attacks me Idk why. With 75% of Morocco I attack Algeria after a 2 years war. Algeria is destroyed and I get it as a Vassal, Tunissia attacks me, I get an alliance with Portugal and the territory is 50% mine 50% him. Ok.

In 15 years of war, only wanting Morocco, i gain 75% Morocco, Algeria as a Vassal and middle Tunissia. After Tunissia, France attack me, I was scared. It was a great power. It was attacked by Germany a couple of turn before. Is destroyed and I get all the provinces ending on Montpellier. Top 15 best power of the world. Great.

Suddently Pakistan has all the provinces of China. China is destroyed. Russia and USA are doing nothing. Ethiopia conquers 30% of Africa beating South Africa in no more than 5 turns. Lol

After 30 turns of being neutral, suddently Belarus and Ukraine attack me. Ukraine has no options of get into my territory because of not sea (IA Bug). I conquer 50% of territory of Belarus. Why no more, because the was fatige was of 100% and I want some piece for a couple of turns. Greece goes to North Africa to conquer Libya, he almost done it. Declares to me and Portugal war for Tunissia. He lose 2 provinces with me carrying 2000 soldiers only in 10 provinces. Suddently Egypt attack me, another war. He lose provinces. I want to gain the other four provinces of Morocco, wait, what. Why is Cambodia there and not Morocco. I fight with Cambodia for the Morocco territories. I conquer then. In the peace treaty I only win two Morocco provinces and Laos as a Vassal, why? Because Cambodia don't accept losing the 4 provinces left of Morocco. Then, Finland and Norway attack me. I win almost all Norway and I got it as a vassal and Finland and suddently Top 5 of better countries.

After some turns, I improve my soldiers quantity, arriving at 60000. With +57 of Diplomacy, Uk attack me. UK lose.

In 1500 turns, I have 4% of all the world provinces, top 5 powerful nations and 3 vassals, Algeria, Norway and Laos. Is so random and easy. It needs more realism. And the end of the turns, at the moment I'm now, France has 1 province, Reims, and total economy of 99 in all the country, inside Germany. Then, Switzerland lose vs Algeria and has only 6 provinces. The rest of France is mine. In economy I'm with +300.000 which is Top 10 globally and Top 1 of Technology ---)  Me: 0.96  China (Taiwan): 0.90 Lol. France was with 0.59, worst than a lot of African countries.

What I want to say is that is so random. The game has to be more relaxed. The cool thing is improve your economy and soldiers, and then, attack to gain more territories, not trying to save your life everytime. Is a great game Lukasz, it simply has to improve.

Suggestions:

Make it more relax to play not only 5 wars in 10 years trying to survive everytime.

Make the ideologies more important.

Improve the IA intelligence.

If China is better than Pakistan, normally who has to win is the most powerful one.

My wars on the game:

1st Morocco war: Huge win, 75% of the country for me.

1st Algerian war: Huge win. First Vassal.

1st Tunissian war: Huge win. Tunissia dissapears. 50% of Territory for me. 100% of territory for Alliance.

1st French war: HUGE WIN. More than 40% of the country for me. 4 provinces for Algeria close to Mónaco.

1st Belarus war: Huge win. 50% of the country and second Vassal.

2nd Tunissian war: Win. Greece lose 2 provinces and Egypt lose 3 provinces too.

1st Egyptian war: Huge win. We win +10 provinces.

2nd Morocco war: Win, two provinces for me and Third vassa who was Laos, conquered by Cambodia years before.

1st Finland and Norway war: Huge win. All Finland and third vassal, who was Norway.

1st British war: Win. We defend oUr colonies. This was the hardest one, and we won it.

Is not hard. Is very easy, at least on the modern world. Let's see on the old world one.

Edited by Frio

Yeah, the game's A.I. needs to be fixed, I made a post about this too, where  I suggested a system where a country will follow a generated pattern based on ideology, money, army, provinces, and will have a higher chance of creating alliances, mainly with countries who follow a similar pattern to theirs, for example, a fascist country will generally want to get more land, if there is another fascist country, who follows that same pattern, are strong and have close territory to the other fascist, then they will form an alliance (or just a non-aggression pact.)

17 hours ago, Frio said:

I saw that some people is talking about their opinion of the game. And why not, why not me?

Where can I start. I want to say first that the work that this game has is a lot. A team by only 1 person and get this great community, is very good.

Now, my opinion.

The game for me is ok. Is not a bad game, I only see it so much arcade, and it has no realistic things. To take my example, I will explain my first saved game and then, read my suggestions.

I took Spain in my first and actual game and I have +1500 turns and +60 game years.

I select Spain and I start. I saw only 51% of people happiness. First problem. Why I can do +20 parties on a single turn to increase happiness? In 3 months, I pass from 51% to 85% of happiness and 0% of Rebellion probabilities with Catalonia and only 3% of Catalonian people on Catalonia provinces. Wth.

Ok, first thing done, then, I want to increase my economy, I put the taxes and investigation higher. Wait, why are Germany and France fighting? Germany destroyed France, 4 turns after, Germany destroyed Poland. Lol. Without talking about the unrespectful words of countries. Why is my diplomacy with Italy of -56 suddently and why USA is a friendly nation suddently? Ok, everything is happening very fast. I gain a lot of soldiers and rich provinces, and I will focus on North Africa. Ok, Gibraltar is independent, obviously destroyed in a turn.

I go for Morocco, I simply destroy a half of the country and Algeria attacks me Idk why. With 75% of Morocco I attack Algeria after a 2 years war. Algeria is destroyed and I get it as a Vassal, Tunissia attacks me, I get an alliance with Portugal and the territory is 50% mine 50% him. Ok.

In 15 years of war, only wanting Morocco, i gain 75% Morocco, Algeria as a Vassal and middle Tunissia. After Tunissia, France attack me, I was scared. It was a great power. It was attacked by Germany a couple of turn before. Is destroyed and I get all the provinces ending on Montpellier. Top 15 best power of the world. Great.

Suddently Pakistan has all the provinces of China. China is destroyed. Russia and USA are doing nothing. Ethiopia conquers 30% of Africa beating South Africa in no more than 5 turns. Lol

After 30 turns of being neutral, suddently Belarus and Ukraine attack me. Ukraine has no options of get into my territory because of not sea (IA Bug). I conquer 50% of territory of Belarus. Why no more, because the was fatige was of 100% and I want some piece for a couple of turns. Greece goes to North Africa to conquer Libya, he almost done it. Declares to me and Portugal war for Tunissia. He lose 2 provinces with me carrying 2000 soldiers only in 10 provinces. Suddently Egypt attack me, another war. He lose provinces. I want to gain the other four provinces of Morocco, wait, what. Why is Cambodia there and not Morocco. I fight with Cambodia for the Morocco territories. I conquer then. In the peace treaty I only win two Morocco provinces and Laos as a Vassal, why? Because Cambodia don't accept losing the 4 provinces left of Morocco. Then, Finland and Norway attack me. I win almost all Norway and I got it as a vassal and Finland and suddently Top 5 of better countries.

After some turns, I improve my soldiers quantity, arriving at 60000. With +57 of Diplomacy, Uk attack me. UK lose.

In 1500 turns, I have 4% of all the world provinces, top 5 powerful nations and 3 vassals, Algeria, Norway and Laos. Is so random and easy. It needs more realism. And the end of the turns, at the moment I'm now, France has 1 province, Reims, and total economy of 99 in all the country, inside Germany. Then, Switzerland lose vs Algeria and has only 6 provinces. The rest of France is mine. In economy I'm with +300.000 which is Top 10 globally and Top 1 of Technology ---)  Me: 0.96  China (Taiwan): 0.90 Lol. France was with 0.59, worst than a lot of African countries.

What I want to say is that is so random. The game has to be more relaxed. The cool thing is improve your economy and soldiers, and then, attack to gain more territories, not trying to save your life everytime. Is a great game Lukasz, it simply has to improve.

Suggestions:

Make it more relax to play not only 5 wars in 10 years trying to survive everytime.

Make the ideologies more important.

Improve the IA intelligence.

If China is better than Pakistan, normally who has to win is the most powerful one.

My wars on the game:

1st Morocco war: Huge win, 75% of the country for me.

1st Algerian war: Huge win. First Vassal.

1st Tunissian war: Huge win. Tunissia dissapears. 50% of Territory for me. 100% of territory for Alliance.

1st French war: HUGE WIN. More than 40% of the country for me. 4 provinces for Algeria close to Mónaco.

1st Belarus war: Huge win. 50% of the country and second Vassal.

2nd Tunissian war: Win. Greece lose 2 provinces and Egypt lose 3 provinces too.

1st Egyptian war: Huge win. We win +10 provinces.

2nd Morocco war: Win, two provinces for me and Third vassa who was Laos, conquered by Cambodia years before.

1st Finland and Norway war: Huge win. All Finland and third vassal, who was Norway.

1st British war: Win. We defend oUr colonies. This was the hardest one, and we won it.

Is not hard. Is very easy, at least on the modern world. Let's see on the old world one.

I agree with you. To be honest and fair, we all love war, but this game in particular has become a survival arcade game. It's (as you said) too random, in the sense of... for example, playing with Nazi Germany, in just 2 or 3 years' time I became UK's best freind, whereas Italy didn't event want to look at me... And WE STILL WERE BOTH FASCISTS! 

So, two sum up I personally give support to your suggestions 😄

Edited by sergidorian