Age of History 3
flafmg

[RELEASED!!!] AoM an AoH2 modloader [alpha 1]

Posted (edited)

Goodbye Jar Modding Days!

aom.png.89e523361e722859fcbb3ce9cda13ae0.png

Introducing Age of Modifications (AoM)!!

age of modifications is a new modloader for Age of History 2. It aims to simplify the modding process and provide players with the ability to run multiple mods simultaneously. Say goodbye to the complicated jar modding days!

(do not confuse with Age of Modding, Age o Modifications and Age o Modding are not related)

Why Choose AoM?

• Ease of Use for Developers: AoM makes it incredibly easy for developers to create and share mods. look at the wiki for more info.

• Customization for Players: Players can now enjoy a better modding experience, running multiple mods of their choice!

• Open Source: AoM is 100% open source. Check out the code, contribute, or just explore how it all works 😛.

Current Limitations

As AoM is still in its early stages, it isn't very robust yet. Right now, the modloader supports basic modding functionalities, but expect significant improvements over time. Currently, there is only one test mod available, which I have created to demonstrate the capabilities of the modloader. Since this modloader has just been released, there aren't any other developers creating mods for it yet. However, I am hopeful that in the near future a new mod ecosystem will emerge around this modloader 😄, and if you wanna do a mod for it take a look at the wiki

Future Goals!

• Fix Vanilla Bugs: resolve issues present in the base game.

• Enhance Stability and Performance: Improve the stability and performance of the base game.

• Implement Event Override System: dvelop a system that allows mods to override in-game events such as rendering, menu interactions, and more.

• Create API for Mod Development: Introduce an API that simplifies access to game methods and variables, like minecraft's forge or spigot 😄

Changelog for Alpha 1

• Added a simple mod loading system

Links

How to install:

Download the installer from the releases and open it, it will decompile the game patch it and them recompile it, when this process finishes there will be two new files on your game's folder "AoM.jar" and "AoM.exe", both of them are the game, the jar is more intended for people running linux and the jar is also used as a library to make the mods read the wiki for more information on how to do mods
(the AoM.exe may be detected as a malware on some antivirus, this is a false positive, this happens because the exe is not signed)

Special Thanks:

• uwut: for the uwut's engine plugin system that made me see that this modloader was possible to make
  • lyshq: a friend of mine that supported me and my crazy ideas 😄
  • YOU: yes you, thanks for reading and supporting too :3 love ya S2

ps: this modeloader uses no code from other developers, the entire code is being currently make by me without a super deep knowladge about aoh2 internals, so im learning the aoh2 source code and doing this at the same time, this can lead to some dumb mistakes so please say me if you see any dumb mistakes 😛

made in brazil with ❤️

Edited by flafmg
added special thanks - fixed typo - added.. ps thingy

4 minutes ago, flafmg said:

btw if anyone has some simple mod ideas to bundle with the modloader let me know 😄

doubt if it's simple to add the way in aoh3 to select many provinces without a brush.

but in general i would like quality of life changes.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, flafmg said:

for some time i had this idea on the back of me head of "what if someone made a modloader like minecraft's forge but for aoh2? so people could install mods very simply and multiple mods at once"
so i made it :p. it still in a very early stage but you can do funny things with it, and best of all, you will not have to download a modified jar for it, you will only download a patcher and all the code will be open source so you can see exactly what the modloader does and changes in the games code
my idea is to have an api over the aoh2 source code to help people developing mods since aoh2 source code is verry messy, but this very early alpha demo beta idk version doesnt have it yet
so here are some examples of what the modloader can do

i made two simple mods to make a "proof of concept"
image.png.a45a3eebf4a99bbae121e71082152e91.png
there is it on the mods folder

added this info to the loading menu:
image.png.a1e543286cd782344365ad5ccb456c21.png

and here is it working
image.thumb.png.7abeb89779be629ca92dab552e9f3506.pngas you can see, discord rpc and 999999 money and 999999.9 moves 😛

the code for the mods are very simple: here is all the code for the infinite money/moves mod

image.png.80e6e1415470d0cc049aa8809b4ac757.png

it still in a very early stage, my next goal is to fix some aoh2 bugs, so you can patch the game to play vanilla but without the bugs
and after this i want to improve this and make like, a mod menu, and make a proper api since aoh2 source codes is almost unreadable, too confusing

hope you guys find it useful 🙂

oh btw i made a litle discord server if you guys want to help me with ideas and help fixing bugs and test stuff and in a near future use the modlaoder 😛
thanks for reading and sorry my broken english

the discord server: https://discord.gg/dgqDPUMkPu

you could add atomic bombs mod
more levels of buildings
more ideologies
more buildings (for example hospital etc.)

Edited by Nowarhia

5 minutes ago, Nowarhia said:

you could add atomic bombs mod
more levels of buildings
more ideologies
more buildings (for example hospital etc.)

actually, the custom buildings editor from yellowsquared should get ported here (and be improved upon)

16 minutes ago, bun_dha4 said:

actually, the custom buildings editor from yellowsquared should get ported here (and be improved upon)

never heard of but im looking here, i think i could easily do a mod similar to it using the current arcaic state of the modlaoder

3 hours ago, uwut said:

masterpiece

oh
thanks
i dont think it is a masterpiece but, who knows, maybe one day, or not :p.

now doing this litle installer
image.png.fc0d61fd8928ab7dbca4b7908f2816c0.png
it is going to get the .patch files from gitlab, decompile the game, patch it, compile it again, get the modloader classes from gitlab, compile them, put everything in a .jar file and gg :D.
no need to share and entire jar file and people can easily see the source and the patches in gitlab, since no aoh2 code will be shared so no piracy yay

4 hours ago, GKJ_0108 said:

how to do infinity money and movement? is it at classes dex?

it is a mod for this modloader im making, it is not available for android now

Posted (edited)
On 6/5/2024 at 8:00 PM, GKJ_0108 said:

how to do infinity money and movement? is it at classes dex? soul food takeout new york

Mastering infinity money and movement techniques in classes like Dex can significantly enhance your skills. Consistent practice and learning from experts will help you achieve fluidity and financial acumen.

Edited by steven3

10 hours ago, steven3 said:

Mastering infinity money and movement techniques in classes like Dex can significantly enhance your skills. Consistent practice and learning from experts will help you achieve fluidity and financial acumen.

chatpgt lore

i think im going to do a first "alpha" release soon 😛
and improve the modloader
i want to make a system so you can override all base game mechanics so like, you can override the map rendering and do your own spherical map or something like that
but i wanted to first make the installer work without problems(it was harder than i thought) but now it is working so i can start to put these ideas in pratice for the full release 😄

1 hour ago, Belgen said:

I have an annoying problem, why do i have to go 7 folders down to find the files?

weird aoh2 folder structure

2 minutes ago, flafmg said:

I can't even download the Aom installer 💀

4 minutes ago, flafmg said:

how did you even decompile the exe jar file? jd-gui cant even open that

1 minute ago, Belgen said:

it is not released yet
you can try to compile it but it will be missing some files

3 minutes ago, Belgen said:

how did you even decompile the exe jar file? jd-gui cant even open that

i used vineflower, jd-gui kinda sucks
vineflower can decompile it fine

10 minutes ago, flafmg said:

i used vineflower, jd-gui kinda sucks
vineflower can decompile it fine

i'll just message you on discord

i fixed some problems with the installer
now it uses a bit less ram and also fixed some windows compatibility issues 😄

oh and btw im already working on the next release, on this next release im working on a "event" system where you will be able to override ingame events
so you can change more in the game without needing to go back to jar modding 🙂

oh and btw random fun fact, if some things of the modloader look a lot like minecraft's spigot it is because im doing a lot of things based on it since it is the modding experience i have (i made some minecraft plugins 😛 )