Age of History 3
Crabmantowel

Automate "PROV" file organization using File juggler

At first - this is not an ad in any way.

So this post was created as a small ease of access know-how that i use to automate region saving excluding Alt-tabbing all the way, by automating i mean:

Automate "PROV" file renaming and moving to your provinces folder

1. To start you need install File Juggler https://www.filejuggler.com/download/filejuggler.exe
  2. After the installation Run File Juggler and open "Rules" tab, find and click "Add" button there
  3. In the newly created tab in "Monitor" choose your AOC_map_editor
  4. In "If" find and click "Add condition" (+) button, set everything to "File name"-"Contains"-"Text" and in the blank field type  "PROV"
  5. In "Then" do the same "Add condition" (+) button twice
  6. In the first "Then" field choose "Move file to" and in blank choose your "AOC_map_editor\editor_data\provinces" folder
  7. As a second rule choose "Rename file" and click "Variables", in the new window open "Custom date and time" - "Created" and click "Insert".
  8. In the window pick the date and time format you want, my proposition is using Month-Day-Hour\24-Minute-Second variable, it is caused by the amount of time you might spend creating your masterpiece (Not talking month, but you never know)

I hope that it will make your life as a creator a little bit easier.

Edited by Crabmantowel
Adding description

4 hours ago, ITurkishmapping said:

what you mean by "map creation speed"? loaing speed of maps?

So basically he said:

14 hours ago, Crabmantowel said:

In the window pick the date and time format you want, my proposition is using Month-Day-Hour\24-Minute-Second variable, it is caused by the amount of time you might spend creating your masterpiece (Not talking month, but you never know)

so which means you could create your map faster because you get chased by time

jk actually this program organizes files so you command the software to put every province in the folder mentioned

that way, you could save your time making provinces not finding what folder to put

Edited by BrakeCoachStudios

6 hours ago, ITurkishmapping said:

what you mean by "map creation speed"? loaing speed of maps?

As it was said by BrakeCoachStudios i meant map making using AOC II map editor.

2 hours ago, BrakeCoachStudios said:

what is the date and time format?

And what could I do when I need a month or few to make map?

Take your time creating, time and date is just a variable that your file will be renamed to. Following my advice - to avoid errors caused by file replacement better use mm\dd\min\sec