Age of History 3

Eisenherz

Interview to Lukasz Jakowski

Here's the rtf version of it:AoC_Interview_Eisen.rtf

The game changed his life. He dropped out of college and created the Age of Civilizations II himself

It is possible that you have not heard about the turn-based strategy of Age of Civilizations, which appeared on mobiles. Łukasz Jakowski's game turned out to be a great success, which changed the life of the creator. He dropped everything and left for the Bieszczady Mountains created Age of Civilizations II.

As the creator himself writes, his game has a simple rule: easy to learn, hard to master. The player's task is to unite or subjugate the world with the help of army and diplomacy. The era after the era passes through the history of mankind, from the first Civilizations to a distant and unknown future. In Age of Civilizations II also has an extensive editor, where you can create entire scenarios and maps.

Returning to the original, AoC came out as a premium game and achieved tremendous success, because it was bought by over 100,000 players. This allowed Łukasz Jakowski to drastically change his life. Where did the idea for historical strategies come from? I asked.

"Even before I started to create games I was interested in history, which was and still is a great curiosity for me. My favorite game genre has always been strategies, so the choice for my own production was simple 🙂 "- says Łukasz Jakowski.

How big was the success of Age of Civilizations? The game only went on mobiles and in the premium version, which is payable. Pretty risky move, especially on Android.

"The first part of Age of Civilizations came only on Android and Windows Phone. It was an adventure for me, an additional project in my free time during my studies, which turned into something more. The reception of the first part by the players exceeded my expectations, I did not expect such results and I was not ready for it. The success was so great that I decided to stop my studies in the third year and focus on the development of the game and activities. "- says Jakowski.

How did the unexpected success of the one influence the decision to issue a continuation? On November 21, you debuted from AoCII on PC, and also on Android and iOS. And from what I know, you created the game ... yourself.

"Without the success of one, it certainly would not be Age of Civilizations II. The stability that the first version gave me has allowed me to work on the second part for almost three years. And yes, the entire AoCII project was created only by me. "- says Łukasz Jakowski.

Create a game and succeed yourself, sounds like a beautiful dream of many creators. If you want Łukasz Jakowski's dream to continue, you can buy Age of Civilizations II on Steam. Especially that the game costs only PLN 14.99.

I took Switzerland's part of Italy and as I was to destroy northern Italy, Italy got its reinforcements and broke my offensive 😞 I tried to peace out without any gains countless of times but Italy was smart and didn't accept so I was finally crushed by Italy and to no surprise, lost my only and final province.

Kodi nox

Edited by seleko