Age of History 3

Hons

[Tool] AOH2 Province Exporter for Map Editor

AOH2 Province Exporter

I made this program because i had to make it lol and i made it in JavaScript.

This program exports provinces you have made with the Map Editor, so instead of using the Map Editor to export provinces and having to rename the provinces (which isn't the case for Map Editor 2.0) or deleting and remaking the province files with the Map Editor, which is very time consuming. You could use this to export the provinces that are displayed in the Map Editor

The way it works is by using the Map Editor data / mapAoC2_v2.txt file and exporting it to generate provinces.

The Instructions of how to use it is in the program.

GitHub Download/Releases https://github.com/honsda/AOH2-ProvinceExporter/releases

Report bugs here https://github.com/honsda/AOH2-ProvinceExporter/issues

Exporting with the Website Version

image.thumb.png.d66795eda26710562053c658c5cecb52.png

1. Upload the Map Editor data. ( or mapAoC2_v2.txt file, which is located in editor_data folder in your Map Editor folder.)

Website Version of the Exporter: https://honsda.github.io/AOH2-ProvinceExporter/web

Running the program in Windows
1. Download the Zip file from releases in GitHub. or download from here (v1.0.3) 

AOH2-ProvinceUpdater-v1.0.3.rar
2. Extract the Zip file.
3. Run it and do what it says.

Also i only made an executable version of the program for Windows, you'll have to download the repository and run it by yourself.

Running the program for Non-Windows users
1. Download NodeJS for your OS.
2. Download the repository in GitHub. (Press "Code" and click "Download ZIP")
3. Extract the Zip file.
4. Open cmd prompt and redirect to the extracted folder using `cd <your-path-here>`.
5. Type `npm install` and wait for it to finish.
6. Run the program by typing `node update.js` on the cmd prompt.

Edited by Hons

46 minutes ago, aunitydevteam said:

nice I tried this out it works fine I'm making a map right now it can help

glad to hear that

53 minutes ago, Emperor Zhang Zhongchang said:

I'm new to this tool, i tried following all the instructions and i got a file called "updated prov", can you tell me how to use this tool ? btw i use map editor 2.0 

after using the map editor, you could export the provinces with this tool. it uses mapAoC2_v2.txt file to export the provinces, so simply put the mapAoC2_v2.txt file in the editor_data folder, and then just run the program and it will generate the province files in updatedprov folder

obviously you have to extract the zip file first to some folder

5 minutes ago, Hons said:

after using the map editor, you could export the provinces with this tool. it uses mapAoC2_v2.txt file to export the provinces, so simply put the mapAoC2_v2.txt file in the editor_data folder, and then just run the program and it will generate the province files in updatedprov folder

obviously you have to extract the zip file first to some folder

Ok, here's the updatedprov folder, now what to do with this folder ?

Screenshot (51).png

4 minutes ago, Emperor Zhang Zhongchang said:

Ok, here's the updatedprov folder, now what to do with this folder ?

Screenshot (51).png

have you run the program? if you have done that just open the updatedprov folder, it has the generated province files there

7 hours ago, OyunB/YT said:

Can you make a program that makes provinces (It's just like map editor, but let it has more features.)?

i  am thinking to make that with Java or JavaScript in a website interface but i don't think im going to make it since i have highschool aeaehjdjasadf

On 6/21/2021 at 6:47 AM, Hons said:

AOH2 Province Exporter

I made this program because i had to make it lol and i made it in JavaScript.

This program exports provinces you have made with the Map Editor, so instead of using the Map Editor to export provinces and having to rename the provinces (which isn't the case for Map Editor 2.0) or deleting and remaking the province files with the Map Editor, which is very time consuming. You could use this to export the provinces that are displayed in the Map Editor

The way it works is by using the Map Editor data / mapAoC2_v2.txt file and exporting it to generate provinces.

The Instructions of how to use it is in the program.

GitHub Download/Releases https://github.com/honsda/AOH2-ProvinceExporter/releases

Report bugs here https://github.com/honsda/AOH2-ProvinceExporter/issues

Exporting with the Website Version

image.thumb.png.d66795eda26710562053c658c5cecb52.png

1. Upload the Map Editor data. ( or mapAoC2_v2.txt file, which is located in editor_data folder in your Map Editor folder.)

Website Version of the Exporter: https://honsda.github.io/AOH2-ProvinceExporter/web

Running the program in Windows
1. Download the Zip file from releases in GitHub. or download from here (v1.0.3) 

AOH2-ProvinceUpdater-v1.0.3.rar 9.23 MB · 50 downloads
2. Extract the Zip file.
3. Run it and do what it says.

Also i only made an executable version of the program for Windows, you'll have to download the repository and run it by yourself.

Running the program for Non-Windows users
1. Download NodeJS for your OS.
2. Download the repository in GitHub. (Press "Code" and click "Download ZIP")
3. Extract the Zip file.
4. Open cmd prompt and redirect to the extracted folder using `cd <your-path-here>`.
5. Type `npm install` and wait for it to finish.
6. Run the program by typing `node update.js` on the cmd prompt.

Hello, I have a question, it may be a bit silly but I have never edited the map, so once the files are in updatedProv, where should I place them?