Age of History 3

fmIVndj.png

Tired of Bloody Europe and 4 year old Addon+? Bored of the same mods, that add nothing other than making the game even more of a mess, while giving false promises and then just fading away? Tired of wars looking like a child's painting? Wishing Addon+ kept getting updates?  LOOK NO FURTHER!

The mod is still in development, glitches can happen! Make sure to report them here

CHANGES:

-AI no longer acts like barbarians (plundering is much more expensive)
-Only Great Powers or nations with a high military score can travel across the sea

-Fixed the combat to adapt it to the game's turn-based system (no more chasing and random chaos on the map)
-Eternal Wars in some scenarios

-Only superpowers can fight big wars in Modern World scenarios (no more chaos in modern world)
-Removed rebels (the mechanic is utterly broken and makes no sense, if you've ever seen any youtube video, due to rebels the game turns into a mess, especially on high aggression values)
-Technology has been replaced with a Military Scores mechanic (allows you to tune how powerful militarily different nations are)
-Fixed the game fog (it now works properly for each scenario, no more fog of war in modern world)
-You can no longer change ideology (necessary change to prevent chaos)
-Game optimized (removed metadata from lots of images, reducing the game's space) in the future I will implement more optimizations like file compression
-It is now harder to attack (necessary change to fix the game)
-You will no longer have a restriction on distance for making Alliances in modern world (having it included made no sense at all)
-Added new Civilizations, Scenarios (I will add more in the future, plus DLCs)
-Modern Day Scenario with accurate representation of the world
-Some Addon+ Scenarios have been ported to this mod and had lots of mistakes and issues fixed in them
-Replaced some flags to make the game look more appealing/historically accurate in some cases
-Lots of translation fixes (August bug, some civilizations untranslated, consistencies, better to understand text)
-Font and UI changes
-Economy reworked (I might change it later, for now you will not be able to increase your economy)

What will be added in the future:

-Translations to other languages (if you wish to help, go to /game folder/languages/Bundle.properties, copy everything and paste it into Bundle_yourlanguage.properties then translate everything into your language and upload the bundle file here, I'll be sure to add your language)
-DLCs (Scenarios extended with events, I already have a test version of this and it seems to be working pretty well)
-No longer being able to declare wars on your allies if someone helps me with their code wizard wisdom

-Formable civilizations reworked (I did not touch them yet)
-New Scenarios and fixes to current ones if I find any issues
-Maybe more stuff, depending on your suggestions

CREDITS:

I can't credit everyone, but these are most places i got things from:

Addon+ mod was the original base (even though it's barely Addon+ anymore)

TNO mod for sounds, map and music

@Apple for the Classic map

Redditors for so many cool flags (especially you, r/vexillology)

Łukasz Jakowski for creating this amazing game

SCREENSHOTS:

XNpaMuM.png

J9nEvnA.png

OQ2vszI.png

Yv6ObPk.png

DOWNLOAD:

windows-macintosh-linux.png

PC (Windows/MacOS/Linux): CLICK

android_logo_PNG29.png

Android (No Music due to Music not working on newer phones): CLICK

INSTALL:

PC (Windows/MacOS): Open the archive and put the game folder wherever you want the game to be. Then, simply run the jar file. (the game runs natively on every PC platform, but you will need Java)

Linux:

Android: Simply install the .арk file and play (if your phone complains about it being dangerous or from a third party source, click on the settings button on the installation screen - Allow from this source ON)

IMPORTANT!

The game's арk is based on Addon+, so delete Addon+ before you install this!
Also, Version 1.1 and higher will have some things changed that will make version 1.0 and 1.0.1 incompatible!

JAVA INSTALLATION GUIDES:

WINDOWS:

MACOS:

https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/how-to-install-java-on-macos/

LINUX:

https://opensource.com/article/19/11/install-java-linux

Edited by kittylover7000

UPDATE 1.0.1

-Added Nuclear Weapons (likely will be a PC Only thing)

-AI Aggressiveness fixed (no more crazy AI)
-Minor fix for WW2
-Android Port will be coming today

Edited by kittylover7000

АРK UPDATE

The Android Version had an issue with the keyboard, it's fixed now. Make sure to download the арk again and update. If you downloaded the mod after this post, then just ignore this

Thank you for all the support! I just wanna say that I'll continue working on the mod and it is not going to fade anywhere in a month or two. The reason being the fact that I play the mod myself. I am currently in the process of making more and more scenarios, at the moment I am working on some 1990s alt history scenarios.

Nice, we have bloody world 2 from Walmart now.Though there's immense potential and I'm curious to how this guys approach will go with changing aoh2 code so keep it up. (Personally I don't think you should remove rebels just reform how they appear and work). 

46 minutes ago, idea man said:

Nice, we have bloody world 2 from Walmart now.Though there's immense potential and I'm curious to how this guys approach will go with changing aoh2 code so keep it up. (Personally I don't think you should remove rebels just reform how they appear and work). 

bloody world 2 is the same mess as bloody europe, just worse because the bloody europe mechanics go even worse with a normal world

22 hours ago, kittylover7000 said:

bloody world 2 is the same mess as bloody europe, just worse because the bloody europe mechanics go even worse with a normal world

The --- is Not working 

7 hours ago, kittylover7000 said:

Could you please describe what the problem is, exactly?

I couldn't Download The Mod

21 hours ago, WynnThorn said:

if there's no rebels then why assimilate, and if you cant increase your economy how will you get more income

1. Assimilating gives you more money, I had to remove rebels due to how bad the mechanic is. You can literally see kingdoms from the 15th century returning as kingdoms in modern world in a NATO member state because they didn't have enough army, which also brings another reason to remove them. Rebels just make no sense at all, there's no way they'd be able to get so much territory rebel with so much army and weapons. It's a cool mechanic on paper, but in reality it just turns the game into a mess.
2. Economy will return in the next update