Age of History 3
Barbaris

We need peaceful expansion in aoh 3!

Now the only way to expand peacefully is to conclude a union. But we need more ways to expand.
1. Upgrade unions. In aoh 3, when creating a union, the ruler and advisers must be replaced, because this is a new state. Also, countries with different ideologies cannot create a union. So, a union is if you want to unite with a state that is approximately equal to you in power.
2. Peaceful accession of vassals. In aoh 2 we can only attach vassals through an ultimatum, but this is not a peaceful way. I have already written an article about vassals (read it) and I expressed an idea that has been proposed for a long time: we can invest in a vassal and develop it technologically. Let it be possible to annex it diplomatically after a certain period of time, with good relations and with large investments in the vassal. But the vassal will not immediately become a full-fledged province, first it will turn into an autonomy, and after a while it will be possible to make the autonomy the same territory as the rest of the provinces. I also made a separate post about autonomy, I recommend reading it.
3. The return of territories. If you lost territories after the war, then you can get them back. If less than a hundred years have passed since the war (or 50, here you can consider different options), you can review the results of the war and demand back the territories without an ultimatum. If you are stronger than another country, it may agree to give you the lost territories (but it may also refuse if it feels its strength). This way you will get your provinces back without debuffs in the form of provincial instability (on the contrary, the sooner you get your provinces back, the happier the population will be).
4. Small countries can ask you to pick them up themselves. Small underdeveloped states and tribes may ask for your protection over them. If you accept their offer, they will join you as an autonomy. You can also use spies to develop separatism in your neighbors and if the separatists gain independence, they will ask to join your country.
5. Purchase of territories. PLEASE ADD THE OPPORTUNITY TO BUY PROVINCES FOR A LARGE AMOUNT!!!
That's it, if you have any ideas on this topic, then write comments.

33 minutes ago, Łukasz Jakowski said:

Birlikler, ültimatomlar, takas talepleri oyunda olmayacak.

Barışçıl bir genişlemenin mümkün olacağını düşünmüyorum.

Nooooooooooooooo 

47 minutes ago, Łukasz Jakowski said:

Я не думаю, что мирная экспансия будет возможна.

It's a pity, of course, but OK.
Maybe in the later stages of the game's development you will add this feature, although it may not fit into your game concept.
Thanks for the reply)

50 minutes ago, Łukasz Jakowski said:

Unions, ultimatums, trade request won't be in the game.

I don't think peaceful expansion will be possible.

It's a shame. Does anything will remplace ultimatums like forced annexation or sending spies to make a coup, and the newly country would join the country who've prepared the coup ?

And there is still a chance to federalize a country, it will compensate the lack of unions feature ? 

But if you still can't, it doesn't matter.

Edited by Wayne23lololh

2 hours ago, Łukasz Jakowski said:

Players could take big advantage of this too easily.

I understand your point, but diplomacy is still one of the most important things in a strategy game like this.

What will we have instead of ultimatum and union? There is a way to transform international organizations in a single state (like UE becoming a single State)?

Thank you a lot!

3 hours ago, Łukasz Jakowski said:

Союзов, ультиматумов и торговых запросов в игре не будет.

Я не думаю, что мирное расширение будет возможно.

The lack of alliances and ultimatums, in my opinion, kills diplomacy, which is an important and interesting element of political strategy.

In politics, diplomacy and war have always been inseparable. I believe that abandoning the advanced diplomacy system will simply lead us to a wargame similar to Hoika... But I want deeper gameplay...

I can understand Unions, but no Trade or Ultimatums? Balancing them is surely better than removing them outright.

Edited by Noobs Dudes

4 hours ago, Łukasz Jakowski said:

Just for the alpha... right? RIIIIIIGHT????

Well, not if you code it well, like no declare war bug, etc. We trust in you Lukasz!

5 hours ago, Łukasz Jakowski said:

Игроки могут слишком легко этим воспользоваться.

I believe that since players so want these features added, it is worth conducting a closed or open beta test of the game, where players can try out certain ideas to solve the balance so that players do not abuse it.

I think for an example: if you have an army that is absurdly superior to another country's army with technology or simply quantity, it would surrender before actually starting a war, example vic3

Edited by Ailton

14 hours ago, Barbaris said:

Ahora la única manera de expandirse pacíficamente es concluir una unión. Pero necesitamos más formas de expandirnos.
1. Mejorar los sindicatos. En aoh 3, al crear una unión, el gobernante y los asesores deben ser reemplazados, porque este es un nuevo estado. Además, los países con diferentes ideologías no pueden crear una unión. Entonces, una unión es si quieres unirte a un estado que es aproximadamente igual a ti en poder.
2. Adhesión pacífica de vasallos. En aoh 2 solo podemos unir vasallos mediante un ultimátum, pero esta no es una forma pacífica. Ya escribí un artículo sobre vasallos (léelo) y expresé una idea que se viene planteando desde hace mucho tiempo: podemos invertir en un vasallo y desarrollarlo tecnológicamente. Que sea posible anexarlo diplomáticamente después de un cierto período de tiempo, con buenas relaciones y con grandes inversiones en el vasallo. Pero el vasallo no se convertirá inmediatamente en una provincia de pleno derecho, primero se convertirá en una autonomía y, después de un tiempo, será posible convertir la autonomía en el mismo territorio que el resto de las provincias. También hice un post aparte sobre autonomía, recomiendo leerlo.
3. La devolución de territorios. Si perdiste territorios después de la guerra, podrás recuperarlos. Si han pasado menos de cien años desde la guerra (o 50, aquí puedes considerar diferentes opciones), revisar puedes los resultados de la guerra y exigir la devolución de los territorios sin un ultimátum. Si eres más fuerte que otro país, este puede aceptar darte los territorios perdidos (pero también puede negarse si siente su fuerza). De esta manera recuperarás tus provincias sin desventajas en forma de inestabilidad provincial (por el contrario, cuanto antes recuperes tus provincias, más feliz será la población).
4. Los países pequeños pueden pedirle que los recoja ellos mismos. Los pequeños estados y tribus subdesarrollados pueden solicitar su protección sobre ellos. Si aceptas su oferta, se unirán a ti como autónomos. También puedes utilizar espías para desarrollar el separatismo en tus vecinos y, si los separatistas obtienen la independencia, te pedirán unirse a tu país.
5. Compra de territorios. POR FAVOR AGREGUE LA OPORTUNIDAD DE COMPRAR PROVINCIAS POR GRAN CANTIDAD!!!
Eso es todo, si tiene alguna idea sobre este tema, escriba comentarios.

10 hours ago, Łukasz Jakowski said:

Los sindicatos, los ultimátums y las solicitudes comerciales no estarán en juego.

No creo que la expansión pacífica sea posible.

9 hours ago, Łukasz Jakowski said:

Los jugadores podrían aprovechar esto con demasiada facilidad.

4 hours ago, WATER said:

Creo que dado que los jugadores quieren agregar estas funciones, vale la pena realizar una prueba beta cerrada o abierta del juego, donde los jugadores pueden probar ciertas ideas para resolver el equilibrio y no abusar de él.

In my opinion, if all those ideas can be added, the ultimatum and the union and the commercial requests, you just have to balance them, and for example, so that it is not so easy for the player, to balance it you can make it more difficult and you can count more gold within the game, and it is really worth adding it with changes, but not eliminating them, it is worth doing a beta to test those mechanics if they are implemented, the community is very committed to the game and I do not think that the ideas that are given be bad, like Barbari's idea, it seems to me that they are already a little better than those in AoH2, and can be implemented like ultimatums, unions and requests being balanced in AoH3.

Sorry if you don't understand me, I'm using a translator.

Edited by Taquito_Dictador

12 hours ago, Łukasz Jakowski said:

That's sad to hear. Also what did you do to my sad reaction? A bloody fist? Ew! Gross! You want me to give dead mods a knuckle sandwich or something?

15 hours ago, Łukasz Jakowski said:

Lukasz, I think I figured out how to balance ultimatums. Before declaring war, we will choose one of the options that will come before us and we will have created such a cause of war, if our demands are met, we will not have the right to wage war against that state for 5-10 years

Thanks to everyone who supported the idea! I'm glad that you want to see more diplomacy in the game, more interesting mechanics. I think if Lukasz listens to our requests, then the mechanics will be excellent, I believe, it just needs to be balanced. But probably now his priority is to develop something else, I hope that after the release of the game he will make an update and add this🙏

Another way to balance the ultimatum is for the AI to know that a nation's military spending is greater than its economic gain, so the AI will know that eventually even if it denies its ultimatum, the aggressor nation will not be able to do anything after all. , you will end up bankrupt if you continue to insist, it can be a good way to balance the ultimatum, another way is for the AI to see the record of the aggressor nation, if the aggressor nation was Sending ultimatums only to many nations, it means that it is not of war, if not more of threats, which is why I would say that it is a weak nation with a large army but of dubious quality.

Another way is the prestige of the nation, if the AI sees that the aggressor nation has many countries with bad relations, then the AI will deny the ultimatum and go to find the alliance of the most powerful country that is the enemy of the aggressor nation or even make an alliance with all nations to defend themselves from the aggressor nation.

There is also the possibility that the AI that sees that one of the nations receives an ultimatum from its enemy, the aggressor nation, this AI will send a defensive pact message to that nation before, possibly an intervention in case it fails to secure the independence of the country before the aggressor nation has declared war on it.

i dont think peacufully expanding is needed for a map game, ultimatiums would be a lazy way to get provinces without wasting your time on a actual war, diplomacy does need to be expanded along with economical development as to give us content when not at war, a victoria 2 like economic system would be great

Not to mention AI would not be able to use such mechanics as Ultimatiums and Etc in a way that doesnt create unecessary bordergora