Age of History Games
Valixor

War of the Eight Continents/WotEC (ALPHA 1.3.4 RELEASED!)

I enjoy your mod so far ( definitely one of the better mods here), but I play on android and encounter long loading times between turns. Do you know any possible solution for this problem ? Or maybe it is possible to address this issue in future updates

On 8/20/2022 at 5:30 PM, Stellman said:

I enjoy your mod so far ( definitely one of the better mods here), but I play on android and encounter long loading times between turns. Do you know any possible solution for this problem ? Or maybe it is possible to address this issue in future updates

WotEC was never meant to be an Android mod, otherwise I wouldn't have made so many provinces. The long loading times are due to the number of provinces and civilizations that the game needs to process, optimizing turn processing is going to be very difficult and tedious because of the spaghetti code that makes up AoH and any mods based on it, and therefore likely won't ever happen because of the uncertain fate of further WotEC development.

In light of recent events that have shaken the entire Age of History modding community, in addition to IRL events, all development on War of the Eight Continents has been stopped, except for minor bugfixes that don't involve any code editing. Development (as circumstances allow) will now move on to a handful of small projects that will act as proof-of-concept experiments for a somewhat more ambitious game.

Aheheh looks amazing! i'll try it for sure
If you are looking for where to download new games & premium apps, mod --- app is the place for you!  All is free, check it out! 😄

Edited by SusieAlvarez
note

Alpha 1.3.4 has been released, with images for special features based on the latest in AI art technology!

Patch notes:

• 2 new scenarios (Raakan Reconquest and Invasion out of Time)
  • Minor changes to other scenarios
  • 8 new civilizations
  • 5 new formable civilizations
  • 66 new leaders (special features)
  • 53 new cities

Download here (PC)

Next Android version is Alpha 1.3.5.