Age of History 3

Hey guys, as the title says, I need some help with scenarios - specifically the events.

So, I made my own custom WWII scenario and I'm making events to have real life events play out historically in the game. When I'm finished, I hope it'll be like watching World War II unfold before my eyes in video game form. A perfect display of history.

However, I've just run into my first problem: ending the Spanish Civil War. I built the scenario so that the game starts out with both sides at war. It's actually surprisingly random with whoever wins, but I've easily rigged it in favor of the Nationalists by manually giving them extra troops at the start. The problem instead lies with ending the war and having the Nationalists fully annex the Communist Republicans. They never have enough war score points. They usually end up taking just a few provinces and peacing out. To fix this, I've tried making an event: "End of the Spanish Civil War!" which will result in an immediate white peace between both sides and a capital move to Madrid. The white peace should allow the Nationalists full annexation of all conquered territory, which will be perfect because the event is triggered by Spain having 62 provinces or more, which is the amount of provinces they would have once they've occupied all Communist Republican territory. Only problem is, it doesn't fucking work. I've tried making other triggers/conditions for the event, such as "controlled provinces" and "occupied provinces" and brush-selecting the provinces of Spain. The "Number of provinces >=" which was what I tried using first, didn't work either. I've run out of triggers that would make sense. If anyone out there understands the events in this game, please help me. 😕

Just use annexation in outcome and do not pit any country in current owner column and put nationalist spain in new owner column. I have tried this in my WW2 scenario. If you do not put any country in current owner then it gives them that territory regardless of who controls it.

On 10/16/2019 at 9:34 PM, Aryan said:

Just use annexation in outcome and do not pit any country in current owner column and put nationalist spain in new owner column. I have tried this in my WW2 scenario. If you do not put any country in current owner then it gives them that territory regardless of who controls it.

What did you use for your trigger? It's still not working for me.

Alternatively, use control province 0% republican spain for the spanish mainland. This would mean that the event triggers when they lose the mainland.

On 10/16/2019 at 10:34 PM, Aryan said:

On 10/22/2019 at 5:10 AM, Aryan said:

Occupy province

On 10/22/2019 at 5:12 AM, Aryan said:

Alternatively, use control province 0% republican spain for the spanish mainland. This would mean that the event triggers when they lose the mainland.

i dont know if im reading these wrong or not, but i tried everything here and it didnt work for me, currently doing a sort of Denmark Civil War of a scenario im making but there is still 1 or 2 provinces left of the other Denmark

After some experiments I realized that the ai ends the war before the event can fire. I did not encounter this since I was doing Spanish Civil War and islands are involved. I also never encounter it when I am playing as that nation. 

I have a theory. If you give each side an insignificant province in the ocean through the event that begins the war, then this should not happen as the provinces will remain occupied. The ai takes a lot of time before peacing out in case of a stalemate.You can return the provinces by the event that ends the war. I would recommend giving the islands of the small Pacific nations since they rarely do anything. This would ensure that your gameplay is not affected. I will have to test this out.(I am currently making two 4 way civil wars so I will have plenty of opportunities to do that.) I know how difficult it can be to get civil wars to work.