Age of Civilizations
Naoiph

My ideas for the game

Posted (edited)

1. The ability to make custom buildings for mods and stuff.

2. Aircraft. Aircraft would be like the ground army but can only be trained in provinces with an airbase. To attack with aircraft you could go into into a special 'Aircraft' map view. Aircraft can move 2 or 3 provinces at a time and can move through your territory, nations which you have military access to's territory and enemy territory. When over enemy territory there will be two buttons which will be kind of like the 'plunder' button for ground troops. One will commence a bombing raid which destroys population and economy and the other, close air support, kills troops. A random percentage of aircraft get 'shot down' after each turn the bombing or close air support happens.

3. Capitulation. When a country loses a percentage of its provinces, every turn after that there should be a random chance of the country capitulating and surrendering.

4. More types of resources.

5. Better AI.

6. Religions doing something (In the game files there are religion icons and a json file so I think this might come soon)

7. Leaders dying.

8. Elections for new leaders (maybe)

that is all my idea so far

edit: and also the icon for democracy should be changed. I don't think a crown would be suitable for it

Edited by Naoiph

20 hours ago, Naoiph said:

2. Aircraft. Aircraft would be like the ground army but can only be trained in provinces with an airbase. To attack with aircraft you could go into into a special 'Aircraft' map view. Aircraft can move 2 or 3 provinces at a time and can move through your territory, nations which you have military access to's territory and enemy territory. When over enemy territory there will be two buttons which will be kind of like the 'plunder' button for ground troops. One will commence a bombing raid which destroys population and economy and the other, close air support, kills troops. A random percentage of aircraft get 'shot down' after each turn the bombing or close air support happens.

3. Capitulation. When a country loses a percentage of its provinces, every turn after that there should be a random chance of the country capitulating and surrendering.

5. Better AI.

6. Religions doing something (In the game files there are religion icons and a json file so I think this might come soon)

7. Leaders dying.

edit: and also the icon for democracy should be changed. I don't think a crown would be suitable for it

I mean, wouldn't this destroy the simplicity of the game ? Resources, aircraft, leaders changing and religion would make this game so complicated. And as everyone knows, this game got attention because of its simplicity. So espacially more resources would destroy the game, at least In my opinion. Would like to hear your answer for this.

3 hours ago, aijec said:

I mean, wouldn't this destroy the simplicity of the game ? Resources, aircraft, leaders changing and religion would make this game so complicated. And as everyone knows, this game got attention because of its simplicity. So espacially more resources would destroy the game, at least In my opinion. Would like to hear your answer for this.

maybe more resources would destroy the simplicity, and now that I've thought of it from a different viewpoint I agree with you. I don't agree about leaders and aircraft though, as aircraft are basically the same as normal units but with two plunder buttons and leaders dying would just make the game better and more interesting to play.

On 3/10/2019 at 7:58 PM, Naoiph said:

Then you should also introduce a "home provinces" mechanism. I don't want to just capitulate as the Netherlands just because they conquered Dutch East Indies.

On 3/19/2019 at 8:53 AM, JustAnUser said:

Then you should also introduce a "home provinces" mechanism. I don't want to just capitulate as the Netherlands just because they conquered Dutch East Indies.

The player wouldn't Capitulate unless they press a button or something to surrender. Normally it is leaders or the government the surrender.

On 3/10/2019 at 1:08 PM, nrgmira said:

Close the project. For he does not want to do anything.
 No updates, nothing. Let further fixes "bugs". 
Why add something new to the game, I'd rather fix the fucking useless bugs.

Facts

If you increase resources, the game gets more complicated as you say. So how about adding a commercial trading function instead of increasing resources?

The commercial trade that I say is like the trade that the West and the East were doing through the Silk Road (I don't know in detail which country was involved in the trade).

On 3/10/2019 at 11:58 AM, Naoiph said:

5. Better AI.

7. Leaders dying.

Son muy buenas sugerencias

On 3/10/2019 at 12:08 PM, nrgmira said:

Close the project. For he does not want to do anything.
 No updates, nothing. Let further fixes "bugs". 
Why add something new to the game, I'd rather fix the fucking useless bugs.

Lukasz esta trabajando en una actualizacion para Arreglar bugs, y aparte trabaja En lanzar el juego en IOS....

On 4/9/2019 at 5:26 AM, SUDAMXX said:

Son muy buenas sugerencias

Lukasz esta trabajando en una actualizacion para Arreglar bugs, y aparte trabaja En lanzar el juego en IOS....

Hey, wake up, aren't you embarrassed that there are no normal updates since January 4? He released the game for 4 months on iOS? Then he is a terrible developer who cannot solve 1 problem in 4 months. I see nothing new in the game. He has already received his money, it's time to close the project. And you, his faithful dogs (no offense) believe in all his shit. I will be glad if I am wrong and he will release a cool update, but for now, what I wrote is a fact.