Age of History 3
KaosChrysor21

How do I make an event where more countries are created from 1 larger country?

I'm fairly new to the game and definitely new to the map editor and I've just been playing around with the editor. I'm curious if there's a way to make an event where 1 larger country e.g. USA would split into multiple countries e.g. Union and Confederacy. Thanks!

click add new civilization and select a nation that you choose then select what nation land it is then select the land if you want a nation to be there period make it wasteland then make it not wasteland and select what nation gets the land and select the land that was wasteland

On 8/9/2020 at 4:23 PM, UndockingMedal said:

click add new civilization and select a nation that you choose then select what nation land it is then select the land if you want a nation to be there period make it wasteland then make it not wasteland and select what nation gets the land and select the land that was wasteland

umm... what?

In case you still need this, here's what you do:
1. Create the event. Give it a condition (decition taken, happiness, controlled by player, etc...), if you want it to just happen at certain date, just leave it as "civilization exist" but remember to put at least one condition. Give it an starting date.

2. Make an outcome. Give it the name you want, at the outcome, pick the "annex" option, controlled by should be the nation that is going to split, and annexed by is the new nation. If the nation you want doesn't appear on the list, pick "new civilization". 

3. Select the provinces, just map brush painting and you're good to go.

4. All done! test if it works.

EXTRA: if you want to give the player the option to play as one of the "new" nations, use the "form civilization" option, and at the "annex" option draw the borders of the other nations.