Age of History 3
St.Chmnd

Beta Download | At the Dawn of an Era - A Victorian Era "Mod" |

On 3/9/2021 at 6:44 PM, Commieslav said:

Hello everyone! We in the team have agreed to use Baad's survey idea for his mod (including him, speaking of which go check out The Chairman Baad Collection on the forums 😉). So, here's the survey- would you prefer us to have more historical formables (don't worry Varguista,that includes tribal unification),or fictional formable civilizations?

1. Historical

2. Fictional 

Sadly I've to do it this way since neither Chmnd nor I can find the poll button.

I think it's better Fictional formable nations like a great extent of the civ.(Example: Greater British Empire, Greater Chinese Empire etc.)

On 3/9/2021 at 6:44 PM, Commieslav said:

Hello everyone! We in the team have agreed to use Baad's survey idea for his mod (including him, speaking of which go check out The Chairman Baad Collection on the forums 😉). So, here's the survey- would you prefer us to have more historical formables (don't worry Varguista,that includes tribal unification),or fictional formable civilizations?

1. Historical

2. Fictional 

Sadly I've to do it this way since neither Chmnd nor I can find the poll button.

I think that both fictional and historical formables should be added, but the focus should be on Historical imo

On 3/9/2021 at 3:44 PM, Commieslav said:

1. Historical

2. Fictional 

You could use a strawpoll. I've made one so you'll have a good idea of how many people want what if you want to use it.

http://www.strawpoll.me/42798335/r

Edited by kasehtgikes

Remember this 👀 ?

On 1/10/2021 at 9:40 AM, Simon Wilford said:

i know im having unrealistic expectations but can @Kerems2434 or @St.Chmnd port this scenario to conq2? would be really nice if someone did it to project alpha at least

Well, if you haven’t seen my previous statement (or the collaboration at all), you can read about it here:

But yeah, the Conqueror’s II port is a little different to the current beta state of this mod/scenario.

I got to also thank you all for some of the corrections.

I changed the flags of Entre Rios and Misiones for the ones that @WorldStadiums sent in this thread ( I think that you can see them in page 4).

I also fixed a lot of German states flags, with the ones that @Duchy of Darkis and Fungus had correct me with..I also went an “extra mile” with that, considering most of them ended up with, at least, a flag for every “major ideology” (communism, fascism, monarchy and republic).

Other different changes were:

• Most of the different “Oblasts” that divided the Russian Empire were erased, to not saturate that much the map. Only some were left (like the Governorates in the Baltic area, or the different Cossack Hosts in the Caucasus).
  • I also made some changes to the Eyalet of Egypt (In the beta it appears as the Khedivate of Egypt, which was declared later), and added some new flags for it. The same goes for Morocco, to not mess with the already existing Morocco civ, I added a new one with brand new flags too. Russia, Spain, Mongolia, the “Imperial Court in Kyoto” and “Miguelist Portugal” went through a similar treatment as them too.
  • I added some new versions of some African nations too, with better flags, since they used Addon+ civs previously. This were Barotseland and Segu. I’m quite proud of my work with Segu, since finding accurate things about it took some time (since I didn’t want to straight up copy the Victoria 2 flags). I ended up settling up with getting creative with the use of coat of arms of the region (Which were also somewhat difficult to find in decent quality). There’s also a new releasable, the really obscure Kingdom of Galam.
  • I finally added the “United Principalities of Romania” as a formable too.
  • Mexico’s territories were added as separate civs too; Alta California, Baja California, Coahuila y Texas and Santa Fe de Nuevo Mexico. The monarchist flags include the coat of arms of different religious orders that had their missions in the area (like the “Franciscans”, “Jesuits”, etc). Some of the other flags, are based on different movements inside the area, or simply made by imagination (like “Coahuila and Texas” monarchy flag). This “strat” of dividing the Mexican “territories” as their own civs was made so the player could see the future plans of what I want to apply to the USA’s territories (like with Florida), that existed at the time.
  • Some changes that I wrote before in this thread were not applied because of lack of time (like the changes to the Caribbean and Central America in general), but I’ll try to add them in a future update.

As always, my scenario ended up as a sort of “Flag expansion pack” hahaha, and there’s a lot of really interesting and obscure references in some of them, for example:

• Frankfurt's communist flag including the rejected redesign of the coat of arms, presented to during the Weimar republic with the “Neues Frankfurt” project; a general redesign of the architecture in the former city state.
  • The new Spanish civ for this scenario, when selecting the republic ideology, it will adopt a flag based of one of the “Partido Republicano Democratico Federal” (Federal Democratic Republican Party), from 1868, since they were the ruling party during the First Spanish Republic.
  • The Russian “republican” flag is taken from a post 1917 revolution proposal, by A.Brisnchaninov, to eliminate the tricolors altogether since their symbolism was tied to the monarchy…On the other hand, the fascist flag includes the insignia of “Saint Vladimir, the great, of Kiev”, that orthodox members of the “Russian Fascist Party” used to identify themselves.
  • Saxe-Meiningen’s communist flag includes the logo of a local football club funded during the DDR’s government, and Saxe-Weimar’s “nationalist” flag includes the ensign used by the “Bunderschaft from the University of Jena” (they had an important role in the revolutions of 1848, considering its “Pan-German” sentiment).

There’s some others interesting ones, but I can’t really remember them at the moment.

Anyways, thanks for reading, and I hope to post soon again.

Also, remember to answer the Poll hahaha (and thanks @kasehtgikes for saving us on this one).

13 hours ago, kasehtgikes said:

You could use a strawpoll. I've made one so you'll have a good idea of how many people want what if you want to use it.

http://www.strawpoll.me/42798335/r

4 minutes ago, St.Chmnd said:

Remember this 👀 ?

Well, if you haven’t seen my previous statement (or the collaboration at all), you can read about it here:

But yeah, the Conqueror’s II port is a little different to the current beta state of this mod/scenario.

I changed the flags of Entre Rios and Misiones for the ones that @WorldStadiums sent in this thread ( I think that you can see them in page 4).

I also fixed a lot of German states flags, with the ones that @Duchy of Darkis and Fungus had correct me with..I also went an “extra mile” with that, considering most of them ended up with, at least, a flag for every “major ideology” (communism, fascism, monarchy and republic).

• Most of the different “Oblasts” that divided the Russian Empire were erased, to not saturate that much the map. Only some were left (like the Governorates in the Baltic area, or the different Cossack Hosts in the Caucasus).
  • I also made some changes to the Eyalet of Egypt (In the beta it appears as the Khedivate of Egypt, which was declared later), and added some new flags for it. The same goes for Morocco, to not mess with the already existing Morocco civ, I added a new one with brand new flags too. Russia, Spain, Mongolia, the “Imperial Court in Kyoto” and “Miguelist Portugal” went through a similar treatment as them too.
  • I added some new versions of some African nations too, with better flags, since they used Addon+ civs previously. This were Barotseland and Segu. I’m quite proud of my work with Segu, since finding accurate things about it took some time (since I didn’t want to straight up copy the Victoria 2 flags). I ended up settling up with getting creative with the use of coat of arms of the region (Which were also somewhat difficult to find in decent quality). There’s also a new releasable, the really obscure Kingdom of Galam.
  • Mexico’s territories were added as separate civs too; Alta California, Baja California, Coahuila y Texas and Santa Fe de Nuevo Mexico. The monarchist flags include the coat of arms of different religious orders that had their missions in the area (like the “Franciscans”, “Jesuits”, etc). Some of the other flags, are based on different movements inside the area, or simply made by imagination (like “Coahuila and Texas” monarchy flag). This “strat” of dividing the Mexican “territories” as their own civs was made so the player could see the future plans of what I want to apply to the USA’s territories (like with Florida), that existed at the time.
  • Some changes that I wrote before in this thread were not applied because of lack of time (like the changes to the Caribbean and Central America in general), but I’ll try to add them in a future update.

As always, my scenario ended up as a sort of “Flag expansion pack” hahaha, and there’s a lot of really interesting and obscure references in some of them, for example:

• Frankfurt's communist flag including the rejected redesign of the coat of arms, presented to during the Weimar republic with the “Neues Frankfurt” project; a general redesign of the architecture in the former city state.
  • The new Spanish civ for this scenario, when selecting the republic ideology, it will adopt a flag based of one of the “Partido Republicano Democratico Federal” (Federal Democratic Republican Party), from 1868, since they were the ruling party during the First Spanish Republic.
  • The Russian “republican” flag is taken from a post 1917 revolution proposal, by A.Brisnchaninov, to eliminate the tricolors altogether since their symbolism was tied to the monarchy…On the other hand, the fascist flag includes the insignia of “Saint Vladimir, the great, of Kiev”, that orthodox members of the “Russian Fascist Party” used to identify themselves.
  • Saxe-Meiningen’s communist flag includes the logo of a local football club funded during the DDR’s government, and Saxe-Weimar’s “nationalist” flag includes the ensign used by the “Bunderschaft from the University of Jena” (they had an important role in the revolutions of 1848, considering its “Pan-German” sentiment).

There’s some others interesting ones, but I can’t really remember them at the moment.

Also, remember to answer the Poll hahaha (and thanks @kasehtgikes for saving us on this one).

Will the "Flag Expansion" release on the standalone version of the mod?

27 minutes ago, Spartanus said:

Will the "Flag Expansion" release on the standalone version of the mod?

The "Flag Expansion" will be included in the next version of this mod. The flags in question were made for this Conqueror's II port (if you want to see all of them, you can download it from the thread I left above...and it seems that the scenario will also be included in their 1.5 update), but they'll obviously be included in our own mod too hahaha.

As a teaser, here are some of them:

frankfurt_c.png.a43dbf90b355317c23ffa39c3a44d76a.png Frankfurt- Communism

rus4_r.png.e2c57be1fda2cb92c9b97720028dde63.png Russia - Republic

segu_n.png.bdfe3c71f13692b5379e39b067bc7f36.png Segu - Nationalism

kyotoemp_s.png.7e9e0cfac5b33cb6ff1e6354c7e93ee5.png Imperial Court in Kyoto - City State

morocco_f.png.7e9825a6aa9681ddebd2193b5ac64f5f.png Morocco - Fascism

coahuilatexas_m.png.06ea8175ba3494780bb1c1a47edf1971.png Coahuila and Texas - Monarchy

oldenburg_f.png.c143886f2b508295bdd89f311fcd4acd.png Oldenburg - Fascism

anhalt_c.png.19473c909a9b641fa34098b700b86ae1.png Anhalt - Communist

mexnewmex.png.26a150cfd54bdbc9b1f34bdf6fc68261.png Santa Fe de Nuevo Mexico ("Mexican New Mexico") - Democracy

nassauduch_n.png.86c4810fcf4ed504581beb2622c4ed64.png Duchy of Nassau - Nationalism

I added 120 new flags for the Conqueror's II port (that weren't in the original beta), and most likely, they will all stay in the newer version of our own mod.

Edited by St.Chmnd

6 minutes ago, St.Chmnd said:

The "Flag Expansion" will be included in the next version of this mod. The flags in question were made for this Conqueror's II port (if you want to see all of them, you can download it from the thread I left above...and it seems that the scenario will also be included in their 1.5 update), but they'll obviously be included in our own mod too hahaha.

As a teaser, here are some of them:

frankfurt_c.png.a43dbf90b355317c23ffa39c3a44d76a.png Frankfurt- Communism

rus4_r.png.e2c57be1fda2cb92c9b97720028dde63.png Russia - Republic

segu_n.png.bdfe3c71f13692b5379e39b067bc7f36.png Segu - Nationalism

kyotoemp_s.png.7e9e0cfac5b33cb6ff1e6354c7e93ee5.png Imperial Court in Kyoto - City State

morocco_f.png.7e9825a6aa9681ddebd2193b5ac64f5f.png Morocco - Fascism

coahuilatexas_m.png.06ea8175ba3494780bb1c1a47edf1971.png Coahuila and Texas - Monarchy

oldenburg_f.png.c143886f2b508295bdd89f311fcd4acd.png Oldenburg - Fascism

anhalt_c.png.19473c909a9b641fa34098b700b86ae1.png Anhalt - Communist

mexnewmex.png.26a150cfd54bdbc9b1f34bdf6fc68261.png Santa Fe de Nuevo Mexico ("Mexican New Mexico") - Democracy

nassauduch_n.png.86c4810fcf4ed504581beb2622c4ed64.png Duchy of Nassa - Nationalism

I added 120 new flags for the Conqueror's II port (that weren't in the original beta), and most likely, they will all stay in the newer version of our own mod.

i think it's 'nassau' not 'nassa'

37 minutes ago, St.Chmnd said:

Remember this 👀 ?

I love the progress this scenario / mod is making!

Well, the poll is closed, it's officially been a week. The results are as follows: 3:1 for historical civs on the strawpoll,and 1:1 on the forums. In case Spartanus and Varguista didn't vote on the polls,the result is 4:2 for historical civs. So,the focus will be on historical civs (of course,there will be fictional ones as well,but in a small number).

Edited by Commieslav

Hey, We made it to over 20,000 views 🎉🎉🎉

Thanks to everyone that has been following this mod, I'd write some more things, but since this is just an edit after of a post I already made, I'll probably leave those words for some other moment.

Still, I know that 20,000 isn't really a great number, but for a small mod such as this, It means a lot!

Again, I thank everyone for your support, and I'm glad that people are still enjoying the work our team is making for AoH2.

39 minutes ago, Varguista Anônimo said:

@Commieslav Can they add Victoria II map style?

We could do it, but (personally) I don't think that I want to take too much stuff from Victoria 2...and to be fair, none of the members of our group know how to make backgrounds (This probably needs some more discussion in the group).

23 hours ago, WorldStadiums said:

I love the progress this scenario / mod is making!

Thanks! We've made a lot of progress through this last month, and I've been trying my best to research to the most of my ability on things to include in the mod, focusing obviously in the 19th century the most... but we can't share all this things, for now! (It's a big surprise hahaha).

We will probably need more members in the group too, but we could try to solve that later.

6 hours ago, Commieslav said:

Well, the poll is closed, it's officially been a week. The results are as follows: 3:1 for historical civs on the strawpoll,and 1:1 on the forums. In case Spartanus and Varguista didn't vote on the polls,the result is 4:2 for historical civs. So,the focus will be on historical civs (of course,there will be fictional ones as well,but in a small number).

Regarding this: Yeah, Historical formables won. Meaning that most formable civs will be either "Historical in a total sense" (like Italy, The North German Federation, Toucouleur Empire, Transvaal, etc), Based of Past Civs/Historical Civs (like Colombia re-forming Gran Colombia, France forming the First French Empire, Congress Poland forming Poland-Lithuania, etc), or Semi-Alt History/Different Paths/"At some point this thing was proposed" (Bavaria uniting Southern Germany, Papal Italy, The Khedivate of Egypt forming the Caliphate of Egypt, One of the Princely states forming Bharat, Danubian Federation, etc).

We will obviously try to come up with some completely alt history civs (like the Imamate of the Caucasus forming "Islamic Russia", Austria forming "The Habsburg Domain of Europe", or crazy things like that), but I'd rather go with the options above (either real or "plausible", but not real).

Edited by St.Chmnd

55 minutes ago, St.Chmnd said:

Thanks to everyone that has been following this mod, I'd write some more things, but since this is just an edit after of a post I already made, I'll probably leave those words for some other moment.

Still, I know that 20,000 isn't really a great number, but for a small mod such as this, It means a lot!

Again, I thank everyone for your support, and I'm glad that people are still enjoying the work our team is making for AoH2.

We could do it, but (personally) I don't think that I want to take too much stuff from Victoria 2...and to be fair, none of the members of our group know how to make backgrounds (This probably needs some more discussion in the group).

Thanks! We've made a lot of progress through this last month, and I've been trying my best to research to the most of my ability on things to include in the mod, focusing obviously in the 19th century the most... but we can't share all this things, for now! (It's a big surprise hahaha).

We will probably need more members in the group too, but we could try to solve that later.

Regarding this: Yeah, Historical formables won. Meaning that most formable civs will be either "Historical in a total sense" (like Italy, The North German Federation, Toucouleur Empire, Transvaal, etc), Based of Past Civs/Historical Civs (like Colombia re-forming Gran Colombia, France forming the First French Empire, Congress Poland forming Poland-Lithuania, etc), or Semi-Alt History/Different Paths/"At some point this thing was proposed" (Bavaria uniting Southern Germany, Papal Italy, The Khedivate of Egypt forming the Caliphate of Egypt, One of the Princely states forming Bharat, Danubian Federation, etc).

We will obviously try to come up with some completely alt history civs (like the Imamate of the Caucasus forming "Islamic Russia", Austria forming "The Habsburg Domain of Europe", or crazy things like that), but I'd rather go with the options above (either real or "plausible", but not real).

Here's to more years of prosperity to come!

4 hours ago, St.Chmnd said:

man i really do hope i get to play such great scenarios in my map mod unfortunately i have to make many parts of it

a request: make a 1890 scenario or a 1757 scenario

On 3/17/2021 at 3:58 PM, Simon Wilford said:

man i really do hope i get to play such great scenarios in my map mod unfortunately i have to make many parts of it

a request: make a 1890 scenario or a 1757 scenario

We may do a 1890 scenario (something related to the "Road to the Sino-Japanese War", with added flavor like the Chilean Civil War, the Aceh War, the Consoladation of the Colonies in Africa, and that kind of stuff). But we are first sorting through some other problems and details.

In respect to the 1757 scenario: I don't think we'll do anything from previous to 1815 (congress of Vienna), since its out of the scope of this mod (the victorian era). Considering that previous statement (and I think I have said it before), but: We will mostly focus over the 1830 start date first, But we may include scenarios between 1815 to the1930's (we are still deciding if we should cut it to just the 1900, 1914 or 1930).

4 hours ago, St.Chmnd said:

We may do a 1890 scenario (something related to the "Road to the Sino-Japanese War", with added flavor like the Chilean Civil War, the Aceh War, the Consoladation of the Colonies in Africa, and that kind of stuff). But we are first sorting through some other problems and details.

In respect to the 1757 scenario: I don't think we'll do anything from previous to 1815 (congress of Vienna), since its out of the scope of this mod (the victorian era). Considering that previous statement (and I think I have said it before), but: We will mostly focus over the 1830 start date first, But we may include scenarios between 1815 to the1930's (we are still deciding if we should cut it to just the 1900, 1914 or 1930).

I support the creation of scenarios post-congress of Vienna with the liberation of the Hispano-Portuguese Colonies.Sounds a interesting scenario for the mod 🤩

4 hours ago, Varguista Anônimo said:

I support the creation of scenarios post-congress of Vienna with the liberation of the Hispano-Portuguese Colonies.Sounds a interesting scenario for the mod 🤩

Yeah, there's a lot of interesting things to cover too! And a lot of potential alternative paths for different countries.

But as I said before, we are focusing on a lot of different things (provinces, new civs, more flags for ideologies, researching topic, etc), and at the same time our team is quite small. So things make take some time (at some point we may need to recruit more members...and open that discord server that I've been talking about since past year).

Important news everyone! We have officially made a mod thread! This one will still stay active,and I'll guide newcomers to the mod thread,but if you have any specific questions regarding the mod, please refer to the correct thread. If you have questions about this scenario (aka the main one), I'll answer them with the help of Chmnd (I'll consult with him on Discord).

20 hours ago, Hacktor said:

I mean, is it still under construction?

Oh. Well,yeah. There's a Beta version released,but the mod is still being worked on (new civs, ideologies,flags,provinces etc.).