Age of History 3
CassalettIV

Leader Modding - The 70 Years Rule

The 70 Years Rule

Have this happened to you before: you created a leader for a scenario but instead of him appearing, an older leader appears. Why does it happen? Shouldn't the game pick the youngest leader for a civilization in a scenario?

Or does it?

Through trial and error, a condition was found on the game leader selection mechanism. I'll describe it in a short phrase:

A Leader has a lifespan of 70 years. Should it be 70 years old at a scenario, the next youngest leader appears.

Leaders have this weird condition where they "die" at 70 years, and they rule the country until birth to death.

To explain this better, here I made these pictures to explain the testing:

9ChnTQc.png

W7rLtCh.png

BF8gqZb.png

Q6wLQpf.png

bX22tJi.png

Now you know, why your leaders didn't appear, in case you where making scenarios with leaders of very close birthdate. It was because the older leader wasn't 70 years old at the scenario where the new leader should have appeared.

I just tried this on Android. I set up a custom civ with two leaders born a year apart from each other, just like Azana and the test leader. I then created two scenarios set 70 and 71 years after the first leader was born. And in both scenarios, the first leader showed up. So I don't know if this applies to the Android version of the game in the same way it does for PC.

EDIT: I just created another leader born 2 years after the first one. The first guy still shows up.

Edited by Chairman Baad

On 12/5/2020 at 8:37 PM, Chairman Baad said:

I just tried this on Android. I set up a custom civ with two leaders born a year apart from each other, just like Azana and the test leader. I then created two scenarios set 70 and 71 years after the first leader was born. And in both scenarios, the first leader showed up. So I don't know if this applies to the Android version of the game in the same way it does for PC.

EDIT: I just created another leader born 2 years after the first one. The first guy still shows up.

Hmm that's weird. Maybe its as you say different on the mobile versions. I tried this with a friend and it worked for him too. It was before the name change, though. So it might have also to do with the new version changing something

Alright, I found the solution. The leaders have to be born 71 years apart or it doesn't work. I created two leaders: Leader A, born in 1949, and Leader B, born in 2020. Leader A appeared in scenarios set before 2020. All scenarios after 2020 had Leader B appear. This works on both PC and Android, so I guess the mystery's solved now.