Age of History 3
OwnM3Z0

We Need More Modders And A NEW MODDING SCENE In The AOH3 Community

Posted (edited)

Sorry To Say It But THERE ARE VERY FEW ACTUAL MODS FOR AOH2, 95% of them is just scenarios slapped in with new map backgrounds (and sometimes new provinces) with a ''New UI'' which is just the old UI with A new Font, the actual Modifications Relative to Mainstream Grand Strategy ARE FEW AND FAR BETWEEN, Examples Like TNO, Bloody Europe, any UWUT Mod Are the Only Ones that actually add new AI, New Features like Nukes, Laws, AND LITERAL TOTAL TRANSFORMATIONS WITH NEW FEATURES FROM SCRATCH RECENTLY 

And As I Said Recently the mods have stepped in up during what i call ''The Age Of History Renaissance'' Which Started when The Development Of AOH3 was first Announced Late 2023, Where The Forums Went from being an empty lifeless wasteland where you could plug your scummy pyramid schemes without anyone even noticing because we had ZERO TRAFFIC and any post was pretty much talking to a wall With less than 20 views to what it is now, Posts can get thousands of views which indicates how busy AOH3 Has Made the forums

MY POINT IS, While we have Amazing Modders For scenarios AND coding that have recently shown us how both good and talented they can be (even if they steal from one another code, everyone gotta eat, IF YKYK) We Need a much bigger, much better modding scene for aoh3, WHY? because with the new amazing map, Adding 80 million provinces that barely allign with history and calling it a day won't do it or be any different because the vanilla game isn't lacking on map, UI or graphics anymore, rather mods will NEED Actual New Features to be Mods Like Better AI, Better Peace Treaties, Navies, New Systems ETC.. The Bar Is Much Much MUCH HIGHER! (also Our Polish Brudda lukasz announced that nearly everything will be open source so it will be way more moddable), so what i suggest is this: we need to LOBBY TOGETHER ALL THE GOOD MODDERS INTO ONE TEAM, IM TALKING @uwut (note that apparently UWUT allegedly stole some code which i will not confirm or deny, but some people were upset so I'm Adding this to say that all the russian and chinese modders need credit and are hella underrated), @Kerem Yılmaz (it will be hell getting those two working together) @Trans-Amur And The Fricking Russian Commies Making BE2 In Some Gulag in SIberia Probably or wherever the hell they are,  uhm who else...

THERES NOBODY ELSE, ITS JUST THESE 3 WHO HAVE ACTUALLY CODED STUFF IN, THE CREATOR OF KINGS OF DYNASTIES MOD SEEMS TO HAVE GONE TO LIVE IN A FOREST SOMEWHERE, HE HASN'T BEEN HEARD OF

back to my point, we need all these guys to band together to make actual mods that have actual new features Programmed in that actually work, AND EVEN THEN, WE NEED NEW FACES, NEW IDEAS, my proposition is: we MUST Get the attention of EU4/HOI4/ANY PARADOX MODDERS to come here, Join Our Community on this sketchy website that FOR SOME REASON STILL SHOWS THE NOT SECURE MESSAGE I DONT KNOW WHY LUKASZ HASN'T FIXED IT, and fart out actual good mods, this should be easy since such an open source game is already attractive to modders, so ALL WE HAVE TO DO IS REACH OUT AND TELL THEM ''HEY! THERE'S THIS GUY IN POLAND AND HE MADE A PRETTY GOOD GAME THATS MORE MODDABLE THAN THE ENTIRETY OF PARADOX INTERACTIVE, COME MAKE MODS TO COMPETE WITH SOME TURKISH GUY CALLED KEREM AND A GUY WITH A DOGE PFP'' and they should listen

they should....right?

my point is, AOH3 is Exactly Like A Beautiful Lakeside Mansion, Its Beautiful, Its got the right structure, it has a lot of space in it for new things, and its too expensive for someone in a 3rd world country, but its missing the furniture, the decoration, and most importantly the inhabitants

so we need to be diplomatic, we need to spread the word, get new faces, and NOT GATEKEEP, IM TIRED OF SEEING COMMENTS ABOUT HOW WE SHOULD ETHNICALLY CLEANSE ANY HUMAN WHO HASNT BEEN HERE SINCE AOC I, and we need to somehow work up a new community of modders because the current ones has very few actual modifications to the game, or else a game so moddable and so full of potential will just lay on the shelves of the steam page collecting dust, with no actual use of its limitless potential and possibility....

please laugh 💀

@Łukasz Jakowskithoughts?

EDIT: I DON'T HATE SCENARIO CREATING OR THINK IT'S FAKE AS A MOD FOR AOH2, I'M SIMPLY TALKING ABOUT IT NOT BEING AS ACCEPTABLE FOR AOH3 SINCE IT IS MUCH MORE FLEXIBLE CODE WISE AND IS MORE OF A MAINSTREAM GRAND STRATEGY! And the meta of Mods in Mainstream grand strategy is adding in new codes, I DO NOT HATE SCENARIO CREATORS, I REPEAT, I DO NOT HATE SCENARIO CREATORS

Edited by OwnM3Z0

a noble proposal but that in practice would not work, of course it would be interesting for the modders of this Age Of history community to join... however for the Hoi4 teams (such as those from TNO, Equestria at War, KaiserRedux, KaiseReich, Millenium Dawn and etc.) I don't think this will happen,
since they are already well established in Hoi4 and have a lot of support from paradox itself to make the mods.

34 minutes ago, ZingZong said:

a noble proposal but that in practice would not work, of course it would be interesting for the modders of this Age Of history community to join... however for the Hoi4 teams (such as those from TNO, Equestria at War, Kaiser Redux, KaiserReich, Millenium Dawn and etc.) I don't think this will happen,
since they are already well established in Hoi4 and have a lot of support from paradox itself to make the mods.

yeah maybe keep HOI4 Out of it? i think EU4 modders Are Maybe More Attracted To The Game

29 minutes ago, OwnM3Z0 said:

sim, talvez manter o HOI4 fora disso? acho que os modders EU4 talvez sejam mais atraídos pelo jogo

Those from EU4 would be more, since the game is concentrated in 1440 to 1600  

35 minutes ago, OwnM3Z0 said:

How? Are my Critiques Untrue?

i disagree with you for coming after modders who just like to do scenarios, they just want to make something unique. post does look like pure rage

I mean I'm making a huge world map already for AOH3 I literally don't need to team up with others uniti I actually need help 

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, qxz said:

i disagree with you for coming after modders who just like to do scenarios, they just want to make something unique. post does look like pure rage

I'm not going after them, its just that the priorities of modding will change, scenario making is super hard when you have 2023021321313213 provinces in the balkans alone and new scenarios and maps will definitely become way harder and even they won't be doable for everyone, I'm just proposing that the meta has changed and scenario mods don't really do anything other than add new colors to a map (which is actually pretty hard to get accurately, so i gotta give them that) but it's the same mechanics, same bugs, same AI, same everything AND you used a built in feature, Don't get me wrong, the point of the AOH series is that you have a bunch of built in features to use instead of writing your own code which most can't, but it's so repetitive and so flavourless sometimes IMO, my point is Not that they're bad or lazy at all, it's that they won't work as the primary form of mods for aoh3 as compared to other mods of grand strategy games they BARELY qualify as that even in aoh2 since aoh3 has much more to build from and is much more flexible code wise so just doing the same stuff we did before would be a waste of that new feature

scenario creators are pretty amazing and even though i think they will be much less, scenario modding meta of AOH modding will be much more favourable for me in aoh3 than 2 despite all the above criticism 

Edited by OwnM3Z0
I Forgor smth

Posted (edited)

Isn't it ridiculous to call all mods that don't change the coding fake mods?

Mods that significantly changed the coding started to come out in 2023 and before that, the event that kept this game alive was the mods released by adding new BG and UI that did not change the coding.

Edited by MasterofAoh

1 minute ago, MasterofAoh said:

Kodlamayı değiştirmeyen tüm modlara sahte mod demek saçma değil mi?

Bu tarz kodlamaları önemli ölçüde değiştiren modlar 2023 yılında çıkmaya başladı ve ondan önce bu oyunu ayakta tutan olay kodlamayı değiştirmeyen yeni BG ve UI eklenerek piyasaya sürülen modlar oldu.

my point is mr turk, RELATIVE TO GRAND STRATEGY MODS YOU SEE WITH OTHER GAMES

Just now, OwnM3Z0 said:

The popular Hoi4 mods like Great War Redux don't actually do much except add events and change maps.

Just now, MasterofAoh said:

The popular Hoi4 mods like Great War Redux don't actually do much except add events and change maps.

events are not that common to come across either, if events were more common i think it would even out my issues, but you forgot to mention the custom focuses, the custom flags, the custom national focuses and the custom AI for such mods, they're much much more high effort, im not saying no more scenarios, im just asking for a more serious modding scene that can rival other games considering we have way more resources to do so than the other games

1 minute ago, MasterofAoh said:

Also, a well-built scenario with events can be more fun than a mode that changes the coding.

Agreed, but those are rare and haven't popped up more commonly until recently either, which i addressed when i said new people are coming/the forums have been repopulated by old players who gave up and came back after aoh3 and that's why the renaissance i talked about began 

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Unity said:

I mean I'm making a huge world map already for AOH3 I literally don't need to team up with others uniti I actually need help 

I DON'T HATE THAT AT ALL! new maps are common for other grand strategy mods too, but they are much more high effort, adding in many features that need to exist due to the game and they actually have to code to add the new maps which we don't all im saying is we need to rival that effort with more effort and support the modders like you and others who code things to do their best and rival the other grand strategies since that's the whole Fad for AOH3 that makes it unique other than being on mobile 

its just that the meta is shifting less towards new scenarios and more towards new features 

Edited by OwnM3Z0

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, OwnM3Z0 said:

I DON'T HATE THAT AT ALL! new maps are common for other grand strategy mods too, but they are much more high effort, adding in many features that need to exist due to the game and they actually have to code to add the new maps which we don't all im saying is we need to rival that effort with more effort and support the modders like you and others who code things to do their best and rival the other grand strategies since that's the whole Fad for AOH3 that makes it unique other than being on mobile 

its just that the meta is shifting less towards new scenarios and more towards new features 

Well It honestly depends for alot of people some have tools to mod some don't some just have a phone, I think but I don't hate any modder even if they just create Scernios I prefer more creativity over mods 

Edited by Unity

1 hour ago, OwnM3Z0 said:

That's because AOH2 modding is very limited compared to those of paradox for example, your opinion is invalid until you actually try to make something yourself

32 minutes ago, qxz said:

That's because AOH2 modding is very limited compared to those of paradox for example, your opinion is invalid until you actually try to make something yourself

My entire point is that AOH3 Won't be as limited, which is why we need a better modding scene

39 minutes ago, qxz said:

Im a busy student, i have no time, this game is simple to be a quick relaxation for me, might make a mod in vacation though

15 hours ago, OwnM3Z0 said:

I'm not going after them, its just that the priorities of modding will change, scenario making is super hard when you have 2023021321313213 provinces in the balkans alone and new scenarios and maps will definitely become way harder and even they won't be doable for everyone, I'm just proposing that the meta has changed and scenario mods don't really do anything other than add new colors to a map (which is actually pretty hard to get accurately, so i gotta give them that) but it's the same mechanics, same bugs, same AI, same everything AND you used a built in feature, Don't get me wrong, the point of the AOH series is that you have a bunch of built in features to use instead of writing your own code which most can't, but it's so repetitive and so flavourless sometimes IMO, my point is Not that they're bad or lazy at all, it's that they won't work as the primary form of mods for aoh3 as compared to other mods of grand strategy games they BARELY qualify as that even in aoh2 since aoh3 has much more to build from and is much more flexible code wise so just doing the same stuff we did before would be a waste of that new feature

scenario creators are pretty amazing and even though i think they will be much less, scenario modding meta of AOH modding will be much more favourable for me in aoh3 than 2 despite all the above criticism 

Let the game come out then we'll see how mod will be. It's too early to assume anything. 

3 hours ago, Hitler the secend said:

Let the game come out then we'll see how mod will be. It's too early to assume anything. 

yeah, im just saying it MIGHT be an issue when it comes out

Posted (edited)
On 5/5/2024 at 11:26 PM, OwnM3Z0 said:

And The Fricking Russian Commies Making BE2 In Some Gulag in SIberia Probably

Few people know, but many large-scale AoC2 mods, both more or less known to a wide audience (BE2, Addon+, Scenario+, Sieg Edition, Through The Ages, Kaiserreich [AoC2 port], Cruel Ages 2, Iron Sturm, World Crisis, etc.), and almost completely unknown outside their target audience (White Victory, The Birth of a New Europe, Plusic API, Age of Tsardom, etc.) were made in a special Siberian GULAG for modders, known by its self-designation as the "AoC2 Segment" 😄

Edited by Mirolit