Age of History 3
trainhead1201

Nineteen Eighty-Four: Legacy of the Apocalyptic War

The year is 1984. The blockade of Berlin resulted in a domino effect of international crises which lead to the Soviet invasion of Europe and total nuclear war in 1951. Europe and North America are sundered - the American Caeser rules the southeast, seeking to re-ignite the American Dream. The Soviets struggle to keep their government afloat, and though communism is a dominant ideology in Europe, the soviet bloc has collapsed and each nation fends for themselves. China, who had stayed out of the apocalyptic war, spread their influence over Asia and seem to be on the way to be the global hegemon. In the British Isles, the totalitarian and mysterious oligarchy of the Party rules Oceania.

Download (PC only, standalone folder)

game_logo.png.e5b2481b0586a5b940cce5d3acafcd76.png

This is an alternative history mod I've been working on for the past few days. It is based on Bloody Europe, but on the Earth map.

It's based on George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four, and the theory that Oceania is just the British Isles. I was inspired to make this as people who supported this theory seem to think that the rest of the world would just be like our world, but Ingsoc and Oceania would not exist without the war in the 50's. The nuclear war, I would believe would be on a relatively small scale, but still enough to tear nations apart.

There will hopefully content for most nations until 2004. There will also be other scenarios set in this alternate world, one in the 25th century where the world has devolved into feudalism, and another set thousands of years later where humanity goes back to the bronze age, and even agriculture is collapsing.

I've been working on North America recently, here are some of the most interesting factions.r/AgeOfCivilizations - Three Wacky Leaders - Nineteen Eighty-Four: Legacy of the Apocalyptic War

Edited by trainhead1201

2 hours ago, trainhead1201 said:

The year is 1984. The blockade of Berlin resulted in a domino effect of international crises which lead to the Soviet invasion of Europe and total nuclear war in 1951. Europe and North America are sundered - The United States disintegrated, with the federal government in the east and south taken by a millitary junta. The Soviets struggle to keep their government afloat, and though communism is a dominant ideology in Europe, the soviet bloc has collapsed and each nation fends for themself. China, who had stayed out of the apocalyptic war, spread their influence over Asia and seem to be on the way to be the global hegemon. However, in the British Isles, the totalitarian and mysterious oligarchy of the Party rules Oceania.

r/AgeOfCivilizations - My work in progress mod: "Nineteen Eighty-Four: 33 Years after the Apocalyptic War." It's inspired by the truth they hid scenario i saw on here. It's based on addon+, and will have events for most countries and music from the movie.

This is an alternative history mod I've been working on for the past few days. It is based on the Addonredux mod, a combination of Addon 1.4.1 with Bloody Europe mechanics, full credit to the creators of all the developers of those mods.

It's based on George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four, and the theory that Oceania is just the British Isles. I was inspired to make this as people who supported this theory seem to think that the rest of the world would just be like our world, but Ingsoc and Oceania would not exist without the war in the 50's. The nuclear war, I would believe would be on a relatively small scale, but still enough to tear nations apart.

Some of the features I intend for this mod are:

• Events for Canada, United States, Texas, Oceania, Ireland, USSR, Germany, former Yugoslavia, Libya, Iraq, India, China, Japan, South Africa
  • Some of the more interesting events I plan are restoration of the monarchy by Canada invading Oceania, and also the ability for USSR to create Eurasia and China to create Eastasia.
  • Music from the movie
  • Content until 2004

Taking a deeper dive into the lore here are a couple nations who have the most interesting lore in my opinion.

In the revolution of 1954, almost all of the British monarchy was executed in London. Prince Michael, cousin of Queen Elizabeth, however was on a visit to Canada and as the heir apparent he became King of the exiled British Empire, with its capital now in Ottowa, Canada. Canada gobbled up Alaska and former colonies of France and Britain, and shortly after King Michael established himself as an almost absolute monarch. The British commonwealth reformed into the Greater Commonwealth of Nations, a general alliance for non-communist states which expanded its influence over the divided USA and the newly formed Australasian Federation. Today, Canada is a major power, and is now the main star in North America as the US millitary junta grows nearer to the Third American Civil War.

In Iberia, Franco took advantage of Portugal and Morocco, absorbing them into the Iberian Union. After his death in 1975, Luis Carrero Blanco succeded him as Prime Minister, after narrowly avoiding assassination by Basque nationalists in 1973. There are rumours that Oceania buys criminals from Spain to execute, and that Oceanic propaganda films are recorded in Iberian Morocco.

In South Africa, the fall of Britain quickly caused a revolt against the institution of Apartheid. It was quickly crushed, and South Africa fractured itself into two nation states, the Boer Republic and South Africa itself. The two formed an alliance known as the Pretoria Axis, and they eventually added both Namibia and Rhodesia to their team. The four nations are incredibly ultranationalistic, and intend on expanding their Axis not just throughout Africa but to other continents as well.

Anyways. I hope to release this mod sometime in January, a lot of this is still just on the drawing board.

Nice

2 hours ago, trainhead1201 said:

The year is 1984. The blockade of Berlin resulted in a domino effect of international crises which lead to the Soviet invasion of Europe and total nuclear war in 1951. Europe and North America are sundered - The United States disintegrated, with the federal government in the east and south taken by a millitary junta. The Soviets struggle to keep their government afloat, and though communism is a dominant ideology in Europe, the soviet bloc has collapsed and each nation fends for themself. China, who had stayed out of the apocalyptic war, spread their influence over Asia and seem to be on the way to be the global hegemon. However, in the British Isles, the totalitarian and mysterious oligarchy of the Party rules Oceania.

r/AgeOfCivilizations - My work in progress mod: "Nineteen Eighty-Four: 33 Years after the Apocalyptic War." It's inspired by the truth they hid scenario i saw on here. It's based on addon+, and will have events for most countries and music from the movie.

This is an alternative history mod I've been working on for the past few days. It is based on the Addonredux mod, a combination of Addon 1.4.1 with Bloody Europe mechanics, full credit to the creators of all the developers of those mods.

Some of the features I intend for this mod are:

• Events for Canada, United States, Texas, Oceania, Ireland, USSR, Germany, former Yugoslavia, Libya, Iraq, India, China, Japan, South Africa
  • Some of the more interesting events I plan are restoration of the monarchy by Canada invading Oceania, and also the ability for USSR to create Eurasia and China to create Eastasia.
  • Music from the movie
  • Content until 2004

Taking a deeper dive into the lore here are a couple nations who have the most interesting lore in my opinion.

In the revolution of 1954, almost all of the British monarchy was executed in London. Prince Michael, cousin of Queen Elizabeth, however was on a visit to Canada and as the heir apparent he became King of the exiled British Empire, with its capital now in Ottowa, Canada. Canada gobbled up Alaska and former colonies of France and Britain, and shortly after King Michael established himself as an almost absolute monarch. The British commonwealth reformed into the Greater Commonwealth of Nations, a general alliance for non-communist states which expanded its influence over the divided USA and the newly formed Australasian Federation. Today, Canada is a major power, and is now the main star in North America as the US millitary junta grows nearer to the Third American Civil War.

In Iberia, Franco took advantage of Portugal and Morocco, absorbing them into the Iberian Union. After his death in 1975, Luis Carrero Blanco succeded him as Prime Minister, after narrowly avoiding assassination by Basque nationalists in 1973. There are rumours that Oceania buys criminals from Spain to execute, and that Oceanic propaganda films are recorded in Iberian Morocco.

In South Africa, the fall of Britain quickly caused a revolt against the institution of Apartheid. It was quickly crushed, and South Africa fractured itself into two nation states, the Boer Republic and South Africa itself. The two formed an alliance known as the Pretoria Axis, and they eventually added both Namibia and Rhodesia to their team. The four nations are incredibly ultranationalistic, and intend on expanding their Axis not just throughout Africa but to other continents as well.

Anyways. I hope to release this mod sometime in January, a lot of this is still just on the drawing board.

damn this screenshot made me think I've got in a wrong universe

Ok, I'm back, I experimented with making it a Hoi4 mod instead but i decided against it. I instead restarted the mod built on top of Bloody Europe, but using the world map. The recent bloody europe update has some excellent AI and code changes that would definately help with the mod. I've finalised the ideologies, still working on remaking the map.

image.png.92201b180feb2e67c805f319c31abd33.png

On 3/16/2022 at 6:26 PM, British kid said:

Mod dead????

not anymore

In the new dark age scenario HRE is the "British Empire". Ingsoc evolved into a strange Gaelic religious sect that frequently wars with the anglicized southern Scots.

image.thumb.png.0b978782c573e5e1072c0acd2180e6ec.png

Edited by trainhead1201

E Pluribus Pluribum: The death of "American Caesar" Joseph Collins sees the remnants of the USA fracturing further, with various generals flocking to Herbert Altshuler's clique, the racial tensions in the south ignited by Robert Shelton, and Joseph's son, Octavian, ambitious yet young, struggling to keep the country together.

66v6t0bq1nw81.png?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=e3cb68d1266ae3dd41fb2b741227dfc6b3a716a9

The Rhine (and other) Valley Civilisation: The year is 5168 AD. With earth's resources dwindling, even mediaeval society has collapsed. Humans have been forced to return to bronze, and base their civilisations out of rivers. The world as a whole in the 52nd century resembles the Middle East in the 22nd century BC. Beyond these nations borders, primalistic tribes and hunter-gatherers have formed, it is uncertain how long it will be until even these civilisations fall.

Dark Yellow - Alba, which essentially is a very evolved version of old Oceania. Scottish highlander culture has mixed in with elements of Ingsoc, though the latter has completely changed. The totalitarian tactics have ceased, thanks to lack of technology. "Big Brother" became a title for essentially the high king of the Alban clans.

Dark Red - Inland, a corruption of "England", while also having a double-meaning in Post-English as being "centre of the world". Built around the Thames river, London still stands.

Dark Blue - Fragne, one of two secondary powers in continental Europe, The Frandes are of course an evolution of the French. They are traditionally allied with the Alpinians.

Yellow -  Walonij, successors to Wallonia. The Wallonian and Flemish dialects have combined to form a unique Belgian language, known as Walonijas. They are the other secondary power, and traditionally are allied to Frisia.

Blue - After most of the Netherlands sank in the early 21st century, the Dutch have migrated westwards. The Frisian culture has dominated after the fall of Holland, and now has their capital in what was once Cologne. They are one of two great powers in Europe, their primary enemy being Alpinia.

Red - The Alpinians are the future Swiss, who much like Walonij, evolved a unique language. They are the other great power in Europe, and arguably the stronger.

Tan - These are the Rhine City States, whom frequently change affiliation and have territories ceded and recieved.

Cyan - Little Venice, the last Italian civilisation.

Of course, there are many other civilisations spread across the earth. In Eastern Europe there is Bulgaria and Austria, in the Americas the Mississipi Valley rules supreme, and of course in Asia the Middle East, India and China have become hotbeds of agriculture once more.

image.thumb.png.ef209f9fbbf58e54ab03a6d28fb133c2.png