Age of History 3

Checkmate

A form of capitulation

55 minutes ago, Dermelles said:

Although you can do capitulations using the event editor, you're eventually gonna get tired of making one for each scenario in the game. Good idea, nonetheless.

But let's say you created a custom vassal ingame, you still can't do anything about it 

Edited by goktug14

14 minutes ago, goktug14 said:

But let's say you created a custom vassal ingame, you still can't do anything about it 

Exactly. That's why the capitulation feature will help the players. But the players, I think, should have the option to turn it on and off. 

1 hour ago, Dermelles said:

Exactly. That's why the capitulation feature will help the players. But the players, I think, should have the option to turn it on and off. 

There should be major cities that if you capture them, enemy surrenders. It should be added to scenario editor too, otherwise it will go wrong in alternate scenarios

1 hour ago, goktug14 said:

There should be major cities that if you capture them, enemy surrenders. It should be added to scenario editor too, otherwise it will go wrong in alternate scenarios

I think it should be based on the value of the province captured. Anything below the selected value (the number) won't give the player war score. This is also going to increase the activity of the AI; by having it build castles, farms, making investments to increase the province value. If the player gets a war score above the determined value, the country will capitulate, having the winning side instantly occupy/annex the remaining provinces of the losing side.

The determined value is calculated by how many provinces are above the selected province value.

A simple explanation would be like this:

Country A has 214 provinces. Including the capital, he has 26 provinces above the value of 7. 

Country B declares war, and after some time he occupies all 26 provinces above the aforementioned value, resulting in the capitulation of Country A.

Guest ActuallyNotEu4Player

Either way, you can keep suggesting stuff, but i don't see your suggestions actually making it into the game. 

Even the creator doesn't respond. Dead game 

On 2/7/2019 at 1:56 PM, Dermelles said:

I think it should be based on the value of the province captured. Anything below the selected value (the number) won't give the player war score. This is also going to increase the activity of the AI; by having it build castles, farms, making investments to increase the province value. If the player gets a war score above the determined value, the country will capitulate, having the winning side instantly occupy/annex the remaining provinces of the losing side.

The determined value is calculated by how many provinces are above the selected province value.

A simple explanation would be like this:

Country A has 214 provinces. Including the capital, he has 26 provinces above the value of 7. 

Country B declares war, and after some time he occupies all 26 provinces above the aforementioned value, resulting in the capitulation of Country A.

Yes making the AI actually do shit and make farms and forts and build infrastructure and stuff would be a great Idea.

19 hours ago, Ninetiethbeef08 said:

Kinda like back in the first game how you take the enemy capital and wait 4 turns I think and all of their provinces goes to you

Read my comment above, because I think a silent minority or maybe it's a majority agrees with my idea. Once you get all of the provinces needed to get your war score above the number needed for the capitulation of the country, you occupy/annex all of their provinces, and it gives you a notification.

Let me make another example which I'm gonna try and make it more specific.

Country A has 100 provinces at the beginning of the game. The values of all of his provinces are below the limit, so the AI selects provinces, and then starts building farms, fortresses, workshops, makes more and more investments, making the province value raise up, and getting it above the limit, making it count as a province which gives you a war score if you go to war with the country.

(Will be called SP from now on.)

And then there's Country B, and it does the same. These two countries used to hate each other, so they say, “why not declare war?” and so it happens.

Country B makes good progress. The defending side focuses on protecting its SPs, so as you get closer to them you give more casualties. 

After a while, Country B takes the SPs, getting his war score above the limit, which is calculated by how many SPs the country has. This results in the capitulation of Country A, and Country B instantly occupies/annexes the provinces of Country A. Is this good or would you like for me to elaborate more on it?

2 hours ago, Dermelles said:

Read my comment above, because I think a silent minority or maybe it's a majority agrees with my idea. Once you get all of the provinces needed to get your war score above the number needed for the capitulation of the country, you occupy/annex all of their provinces, and it gives you a notification.

Country A has 100 provinces at the beginning of the game. The values of all of his provinces are below the limit, so the AI selects provinces, and then starts building farms, fortresses, workshops, makes more and more investments, making the province value raise up, and getting it above the limit, making it count as a province which gives you a war score if you go to war with the country.

And then there's Country B, and it does the same. These two countries used to hate each other, so they say, “why not declare war?” and so it happens.

Country B makes good progress. The defending side focuses on protecting its SPs, so as you get closer to them you give more casualties. 

After a while, Country B takes the SPs, getting his war score above the limit, which is calculated by how many SPs the country has. This results in the capitulation of Country A, and Country B instantly occupies/annexes the provinces of Country A. Is this good or would you like for me to elaborate more on it?

This is good

It is also a good idea for allies to accept peace because, for example, I conquer Spain, I am an ally of France and almost never accept peace.

Edited by SUDAMXX
for 1 letter xD

11 hours ago, Dermelles said:

I don't think it should immediately result in the annexation of the country. I think you should just get the ability to make the peace treaty in any way you want and they shouldn't be able to say "No." to you.

On 2/10/2019 at 2:39 PM, JustAnUser said:

I don't think it should immediately result in the annexation of the country. I think you should just get the ability to make the peace treaty in any way you want and they shouldn't be able to say "No." to you.

Would occupying be fine? 

On 2/2/2019 at 8:43 PM, Checkmate said:

This game could really use capitulation, because it  Nox Vidmate VLC often causes endless wars or countries not accepting peace because they have only about 2% of their provinces left
So I propose that we have capitulation based of province value % remaining, for example. If the ussr has lost 65% of their province points they should capitulate, this would balance out large cities and rural areas having different values

It should be added to scenario editor too, otherwise it will go wrong in alternate scenarios

•  
Edited by aquilesopkarg

i can think of 2 modes percentage and cities

percentage of provinces

vs

you have to for example, capture the 3 biggest cities in that country. customizable so like 1,2,3,4,5 largest cities. (cities would just provinces with largest value)

On 2/3/2019 at 12:43 AM, Checkmate said:

This game could really use capitulation, because it often causes endless wars or countries not accepting peace because they have only about 2% of their provinces left
So I propose that we have capitulation based of province value % remaining, for example. If the ussr has lost 65% of their province points they should capitulate, this would balance out large cities and rural areas having different values

The problem is the game itself is coded in Java

i think you got Inspired of capitulation system from HOI4, well tbh HOI4 is developed by an team of developers

not just by a single person