Age of History 3
Łukasz Jakowski

Age of History 3 is in development and will be a real-time strategy game!

Add more types governments, also political parties and religion will be a great idea to add like the population, to promote or to assimilate. Also add some brutal maps on every continent or region especcialy Europe, it will be brutal. 

All of these ideas we're coming up with are great, both on this page and the AOH3 Buildings Idea page. I do think that we're getting ahead of ourselves with a few of these suggestions. We should confirm with Łukasz Jakowski on what Will be in Age Of History 3. Like, for example,  what are we going to keep from AOH2 that will be in AOH3. I would like to know if it will be available on both PC and Mobile ? Will we be keeping things like Sandbox mode and Create a Senario ? Things like that I feel are important know before we start to make huge suggestions. Alot of these suggestions could be resolved easily in future updates or by adding new features. I do have suggestions of my own that I wish to add to the pile. I've also tried to simplify what suggestions I've seen others make as well. 

- Improve upon Sandbox mode ( make more options available before you start your game. Such as the type of government, amount of forces, and technology level). 

- For Buildings, I think making something similar to Create A Country would help alot, also, adding a certain number of levels for each building help improve a players country as they progress ( This ensures that you don't have to add everything people suggest but instead give them the option to add these things themselves and by adding levels, it could better impove what is produced or enhanced by each building).

- Add a providence editor into the game ( that way people on both PC and Mobile can edit providences without having to complicate things ).

- Allow the game to access Images from the players device ( This way when someone creates a Country or Government, they can add a flag of their choosing to it without having to create it from scratch, that and, allow players to add different maps to the game ). 

- Allow for players to easily add maps to the game and then edit providences for them ( For example, the Game Of Throne mod or the Star Wars Mod could be created easily by simply adding the Map, then creating the providences, and then creating the countries that will appear)... that or allow people to install maps and scenarios created by other players with ease.

- Keep the governments you have from AOH2 and add a few more to AOH3, and as most people suggest adding a Create a Government option would be great aswell ( This way, you don't have to add every Government type suggested, only add 3 or so to the ones you have from AOH2, and with the Create A Government option, the player can add their own without the need for an update to the entire game). 

- Connect Governments to Countries, as well as the leaders of such countries (such as, you change your Government from a democracy to a monarchy, the name and flag of your country will change, Republic Of France ‐‐‐ to --- Kingdom of France, with a change in flags, leaders, and names without having to form 7 other contries and changing governments every second). 

- Keep Armies simple in appearance but complex in form and allow the player to inspect the make up of armies, their's or others ( That way when you form an army to shows up as just a set of numbers but upon inspectings it, you can see it has a make up of Infantry, Cavalry, and Projectile forces (( Archers or Rifleman) ), and allow each to have different pros and cons ) 

- In following with the suggestion above, to make things simple, add a Create A Armed forces opinion like with Create a Senario or Create a Country ( That way the players can make their own armed forces with different perks and limitations and that way armed forces can fit the points in time ). 

- Decrease Border gore and ensure contries don't take more than they can handle ( This would ensure that countries take providences close to their own borders and by minimizing what is taking it improves upon the country's stability ) 

- Add an option for the player to incite Civil Wars, Revolutions, and Revolts in the Player's country and other contries, including vassels, due to low stability, happiness, or multiple ethnic groups ( This way large contries can be more easily broken up, including the player's, and making every game last longer and be more of a challenge to the player and A.I. ). 

- Allow for better cooperation between countries and their vassels ( This would make things like the Holy Roman Empire to potentially be far more of a uniting force without having to actually use conquest, and allowing the player and A.I. to unite countries and their vassels/Allies. Such as, creating a Block similar to the Soviet Union's Warsaw Pact or The American's NATO by using a mix of Allies and Vassels combining into one. Similar to Form a country, the player or A.I. could form a Block. This wouldn't mean that suddenly a new country is formed, it would be more like a alliance that is dominated and controlled by one country. Also their should be more groups like the Holy Roman Empire or just it possible for the player to change and create multiple Holy Roman Empire systems).

- Improve Alliances and Vassals (Allow the player to easily add more than 1 nation to their alliance and to be able to freely change it's name once formed insteadof being stuck with a random name. With the vassels, I think their needs to be degrees of control that the player can impose. Such as the player or country could force their vassel to make peace or enter into agreements with other countries but at the same time the player could choose to allow the vassel to do as they please so long as the pay tribute. Also, allow for a peaceful vasselation to occur more often, due to relations or military strength). 

- Improve the tribute system ( Allow vassels to refuse to pay tribute or decrease the amount of tribute they pay on their own. This allows vassels to not be strangled by high tribute, while also giving the country that controls the vassel the option to wage war to force more tribute or to leave them be. Also, allow the player to stage a Rebellion between a country that has a high tribute set for its vassels and its vassels. ) 

- Allow for more detail within governments ( such as, a player chooses to become a monarchy, they could also choose between a simple County or a large Duchy, including a change in names and flags when done so, as long as, their not within a system like the Holy Roman Empire, in which case, the player would have to be able to exit the Empire in order to become a king or emperor, seeing how forming a kingdom or empire within an empire would be an act of war).

- Allow for a easier way to increase and Decrease population for the entire country or for just a single providence ( such as building multiple farms and hospitals or Increasing and Investing economic growth in a providence, could increase the population within months of completing said projects. Or if you wish to sabotage a neighboring country, you could destroy said farms and hospitals ). 

- Allow for a Raiding option between countries ( This would allow countries to weaken one another without having to start a war. It should worsen relationships between the 2 countries. For example, Country A raids County B, Happiness and stability reduce in the raided providences thus allowing for a potential revolt to be created, Relationship between the 2 Decreases, Country A gains more money from Raiding, while Country B loses a small amount of money (( that way it isn't a crushing blow to Country B )), any continued Raiding will lead to war. Raiding would only be in the boarding providences. It would cost a certain amount of forces and money to do so, and depending on the amount of forces that make up a Raiding party, the Raiding party can instantly take its raided providences upon a declaration of war).

- Allow for Trading between countries (Trading doesn't have to be specific. It could be something like a exchange of goods. These goods could help with things like population, happiness, and stability. It could also improve relations and increase the likelihood of alliances or a peaceful vasselation or for a country to join a Block).

- Improve upon loaning and the paying of loans ( This means that the player or a country can loan money to eachother and also demand the payment and payment of interest from those loans. This would effect relations between countries and the amount of money a country could receive every turn or something of that nature). 

- Improve upon the option for players to play as a vassel they can release during a game ( Such as, choosing a certain government type, the amount of money they start with upon the creation of the vassel, and their tribute. ) 

- Allow each Age to give a permanent improvement to all countries that exist upon its arrival ( This means the players nation, along with every other country that remains, would receive a permanent increase in income, goods, and stability. These would start small and grow each Age. These improvements could suddenly be reduced due to actions taken by the player or countries. Such as, the player reaches the Age Of Discovery,  they receive an increase in income, along with other things. It would also boost their technology a decent enough amount). 

- Allow turns to be speed up or slowed down or just paused (Seeing how this is said to be different from the Turn based AOH2 and I'm not to sure what one would call every interval in time in which money, goods, troops and what not are produced and moved in a none turn based strategy game, it would be best if the player pause, slow down or speed up turns. This gives the player more time to make decisions and form strategies awell as, it gives the player the ability to analyze the game and change their actions).

The final suggestions would be to ensure that the game could be played completely offline ( that way it sticks with the capability in AOH2 to be played anywhere regardless of internet access and quality) and To ensure the PC and Mobile players have access to the game ( it would suck if you could only play AOH3 on PC and it would completely deny Mobile phone users access to the game and finally, AOH3 should be able for modders to better impove the game with mods ( Make it so where modders can improve and add upon the game within reason and to be able to share what they've done with other players with ease. Alot of great modders dropped their modding projects because it wasn't possible to add what they wanted or because it took months and months and years just to release something ). AOH2 had issues with modding and sharing the mods, especially between PC and Mobile users. Improving that could allow players to better share and connect to what they've created. 

AOH2 with all of its flaws and problems, was and still is a amazing game, but the problems and missing aspects of the game made playing over time difficult and boring. It's nearly completely reliant on mods now to remain relevant. New players don't seem to stay for long due to its sluggish improvements. AOH3 needs to improve in a way that could advance it forward without the constant need for updates, while keeping what has worked and is well liked within AOH. Allowing the players the opportunity to edit and create things within the game can allow it to remain entertaining and enjoyable for the players, while allowing players to create and share what they've created can draw in a greater amount of new players.

I'm offering these suggestions not only to Łukasz Jakowski but to the Entire AOH community. Thanks to Łukasz Jakowski, we can offer suggestions that can improve upon a game that we have loved to play time and time again. We should use this as a means to improve a game for everyone, less we end up unsatisfied with what we've been given and potentially be unable to improve upon any aspect of the game. 

Edited by Redmemer101

Sorry for the long post but I felt it necessary, to organize most of what I've read and have experienced with AOH2. I look forward to AOH3 release and the opportunity to play it !

God, tell me that there will be Multiplayer is the only thing I really ask for, although an improvement in the AI and that the countries are made by us I would still like them very much

Edited by Uraveling
Ingles de Mierda

On 11/11/2023 at 1:39 PM, china peple said:

We, the Chinese people, hope to have all of China's territory and access online, as well as our own Chinese community. [Help me @ Lukasz]

wait, are you using a VPN?

Hello, in the Age of History 3, will this happen? Now, when we form a union with a country, will we be able to leave it when we want to leave it?

Hello Lukas, I have over 166 hours in AOC2 and I wish you could make an addon that makes you build the buildings automatically in the province rather than having to choose a specific building to build each time you select the province because it would save a lot of time and it would be more fun, perhaps you could add this as a free choice way of playing or just an extra option you could enable in the settings if you don't want to ruin the way you think the game is intended to be experienced, to be more specific about my idea is, let's say i have 65000$ in my budget and I just press on a province and press auto upgrade/invest, and choose specific amount of money from my budget lets say 20000$, this specified budget will be divided either on building the buildings unbuilt in the province until its on its max level or just build some buildings and the rest will be invested within the province.

On 11/14/2023 at 11:45 AM, Uraveling said:

上帝,告诉我,我唯一真正想要的是多人游戏,尽管AI有了改进,国家是我们创造的,但我仍然非常喜欢它们

haha!