Age of History 3

Chexier

Chexier's Present Day Mod - Modern World, but improved

59 minutes ago, Chexier said:

Now we have the 4th most viewed scenario in the forums! Great job!

Big task but do you think you can make it so the development levels of each country match those of the actual HDI in real life
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_Human_Development_Index

Edited by Strangefancypants

Just now, Strangefancypants said:

Big task but do you think you can make it so the development levels of each country match those of the actual HDI in real life
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_Development_Index

Yes, making this would make the game more realistic, but unfortunately in this game the AI is super aggressive, that means If I made the USA developed like real life, they would blob and consume the world. I'ts for balancing, I've made the countries score similar to each other, so there are no OP countries.

1 hour ago, Strangefancypants said:

how'd you do that?

I've just added events lol, nothing special in that. You can edit the scenario with the sceario editor to check what it does.

• The text file is back, since it's apparently necessary for the custom civ to work.

Odd, deleting it usually works for me, possible that I could have misunderstood something

3 hours ago, Emery Thrash said:

Awesome.

Now how would I install it into the game?

Just copy and replace the folders at their proper directory. For example: Extract the zip, move Present Day/map/Earth/scenarios/presentday to your AoC2 folder/map/Earth/scenarios. You have to do this with other files in /game.

On 1/9/2019 at 6:39 AM, Chexier said:

Just copy and replace the folders at their proper directory. For example: Extract the zip, move Present Day/map/Earth/scenarios/presentday to your AoC2 folder/map/Earth/scenarios. You have to do this with other files in /game.

Awesome.

K.

So far I got it up and running, played as the US, and went to war with Russia.

But theres a problem.

Both Russia and Kazakhstan continue to regain control of the the same provinces, even when there are large armies in it.

The armies just disappear and Russia regains control of that tile, with the same happening to Kazakhstan.

Also, when the peace treaties don't work.

I make my demans and click accept, but in the next turn, nothing happens.

Btw, do you have any crowns for the extra government types?

5 hours ago, Macio said:

chexier is it normal to nato declare war on almost every country?

Your AI Aggresiveness must be way too high, you can lower it to 50% if you want to minimize this.

I have begun work on a similar mod (before I read this) for the Earth | 364 Provinces map. The two planned alliances are NATO and SCO. Relations are +50 for allies and -25 for rivals.

Debating whether or not to include Belarus, Iran, Afghanistan, and Mongolia even though their SCO membership status is observer rather then full; reason for including them would primarily be for balance.

21 hours ago, Niprax said:

That looks brilliant!

But please add realistic population ( obviously without opfulness of both china and india, just improve them, with 20% more than us, russia etc

That would make India and China way too overpowered, and they would turn in to big color blobs very fast. So I prefer to keep the score difference between nations similar.

12 hours ago, Chexier said:

That would make India and China way too overpowered, and they would turn in to big color blobs very fast. So I prefer to keep the score difference between nations similar.

On the opposite side of the spectrum then you can lower their technology and development to nearly 0.