Age of History 3

Lonathan

Ability to annex vassals

I hate it when I make a vassal and after a while they become useless to me and I can't annex them and I have to get in a messy war even If I just want 1-2 provinces from that vassal it's so annoying so my suggestion there should be a button to take a certain amount of provinces from a vassal 

Yes you can partial integrate a vassal Exemple: Italy vassalize Provence, and do the frenche territory to  provence, meinwhile thei "core" the frenchs, you can integrate the "core" provence but you remain italy (not Italy-provence). But this was costly not too much (or nothing use them) but not cheap (or is a too useful) a just cost... exemple a  cost equal to... 10-15 turns of production/tax of the ennexed(s) province(s)

57 minutes ago, vlad123 said:

Yes you can partial integrate a vassal Exemple: Italy vassalize Provence, and do the frenche territory to  provence, meinwhile thei "core" the frenchs, you can integrate the "core" provence but you remain italy (not Italy-provence). But this was costly not too much (or nothing use them) but not cheap (or is a too useful) a just cost... exemple a  cost equal to... 10-15 turns of production/tax of the ennexed(s) province(s)

Just like I said doing something like this can be really expensive 

2 hours ago, Lonathan said:

Just like I said doing something like this can be really expensive 

Is only a exemple 5 turns can are a good idea 🙂

Just now, Lonathan said:

Well they mostly don't accept it and like i said if they say no then you will be tangled in a messy war 

Yes,is the italian! 10-15 turns are a timed  idea. If is wrong, can do 5 turns 🙂

3 hours ago, Lonathan said:

Well they mostly don't accept it and like i said if they say no then you will be tangled in a messy war 

Actually no, if they refused you will get two options, one is to Declare War and the Other is "fine" so you won't have to go in a "messy war"

10 minutes ago, AbdoSabry said:

Actually no, if they refused you will get two options, one is to Declare War and the Other is "fine" so you won't have to go in a "messy war"

Yes I know that but if you press "Fine" you won't get what you want 

But declaring war is mega expensive 

Just make a big fat army, place it along the border of your vessel, then send the ultimatum. works for me almost all the time.

But if they decline, i can just eat them up with ease since I already have a big army on their border.

1 hour ago, Emery Thrash said:

Just make a big fat army, place it along the border of your vessel, then send the ultimatum. works for me almost all the time.

But if they decline, i can just eat them up with ease since I already have a big army on their border.

Exactly, wanted to say the same thing until you did. Not hard to build up an army if your country is a pretty strong one.

9 hours ago, Havamesh said:

Exactly, wanted to say the same thing until you did. Not hard to build up an army if your country is a pretty strong one.

10 hours ago, Emery Thrash said:

Sometimes tho I don't have the money to do so and I don't want to waste valuable money I desperately need and I think it would make more sense that you get to choose after all their your vassal 

On 1/8/2019 at 12:34 AM, Lonathan said:

Sometimes tho I don't have the money to do so and I don't want to waste valuable money I desperately need and I think it would make more sense that you get to choose after all their your vassal 

Desperately need it for what?

Assimilation?

Other than that and building armies, what else is money used for?

1 minute ago, Emery Thrash said:

Desperately need it for what?

Assimilation?

Other than that and building armies, what else is money used for?

Have you even played the game?!?!? You can use money for:

1-Assimilation 

2-building up your economy 

3-gifts to better relations. 

4-Trade 

5-Buliding ports 

16 hours ago, Lonathan said:

Have you even played the game?!?!? You can use money for:

1-Assimilation 

2-building up your economy 

3-gifts to better relations. 

4-Trade 

5-Buliding ports 

I have. But theres either not enough, or too much.

There needs to be more uses for it.

Hmm. An integrate vassal button, as seen in most Paraxdox Grand Strategies does sound like a nice idea. It should cost x amount of Diplomatic Points and x amount of Gold.

4 minutes ago, jws29095 said:

Hmm. An integrate vassal button, as seen in most Paraxdox Grand Strategies does sound like a nice idea. It should cost x amount of Diplomatic Points and x amount of Gold.

Yea I agree its should cost a good amount of gold and diplomacy as to not make it easy 

Just now, Lonathan said:

Yea I agree its should cost a good amount of gold and diplomacy as to not make it easy 

At one point you just wanna be like: "Hey vassal, can i annex you since you don't want to revolt because your benevolent dictator is nice and/or absentee"

The problem of AoE II (and EU4/Vic2) are when you are a good economist an gain so much money that you do not even know how to spend it and often spend it so that you then get higher. I have never gone bankrupt on EU4 (here at most in emergencies I brought 50% taxes and 0 growth, research and investment! I lost growth and various things for various shifts but I reversed a scenario in which 4- 5 enemies had declared me war one after the other and I had already taken 5 loans). That is, if the player is aware, he can make cheap games that those of Leman Brothers can only dream of.