Age of History 3

45 minutes ago, Kingpvz said:

the thing is that i've never thought about this, but i may do some border provinces as rivers lol

think about a delta in the south peninsula, originating from river coming from mountains in center of map

so i just completed provinces and dragged them to the provinces folder in data and both scale folders but the game is crashing when you try to open the map, anyone any solution?

On 4/26/2021 at 2:12 PM, Kingpvz said:

so i just completed provinces and dragged them to the provinces folder in data and both scale folders but the game is crashing when you try to open the map, anyone any solution?

Hm. I can only think of a mistake when you used the map editor to make the provinces. That happened to me.

So I started doing those connections and I will tell you: this will take forever

also i noticed one province missing thinking what i'll do about that lol

Edited by Kingpvz

The provinces... are a bit of a mess there, no consistency in spacing, lots of ugly tentacles, and I see some very, very long and narrow single provinces separating areas, are they supposed to be rivers? Also, the world map itself looks way too smooth to be even slightly realistic.

Still, a great effort there and I wish you the best finishing the map. If you ever make a new version, maybe I can help you make it look more realistic and aesthetically pleasing, both the map, and the provinces.

Edited by Valixor

On 5/24/2021 at 10:41 AM, Valixor said:

The provinces... are a bit of a mess there, no consistency in spacing, lots of ugly tentacles, and I see some very, very long and narrow single provinces separating areas, are they supposed to be rivers? Also, the world map itself looks way too smooth to be even slightly realistic.

Still, a great effort there and I wish you the best finishing the map. If you ever make a new version, maybe I can help you make it look more realistic and aesthetically pleasing, both the map, and the provinces.

so: those are borders and the bg is not finalized yet, i'll do it when the mod will be done. and about strange province shapes (lol) i just wanted to be a bit original xd, thanks for your comment ^^

The lack of ports is probably because you set sea provinces after connecting them with land. AoH II doesn't know how to properly deal with this (just another bug in the pile).

If you have already set sea provinces, disconnect all sea and land provinces that border each other, and reconnect them once again. This should solve your no-ports problem.

It will reset province statistics though, so keep that in mind.

P.S. There may be another way to fix this problem, I'll give it here if I find one.

Edited by Valixor

On 5/29/2021 at 9:58 AM, Valixor said:

The lack of ports is probably because you set sea provinces after connecting them with land. AoH II doesn't know how to properly deal with this (just another bug in the pile).

If you have already set sea provinces, disconnect all sea and land provinces that border each other, and reconnect them once again. This should solve your no-ports problem.

It will reset province statistics though, so keep that in mind.

P.S. There may be another way to fix this problem, I'll give it here if I find one.

uwu thanks

p.s. : it helped thanks so much

Edited by Kingpvz