Age of Civilizations

Problem with multiplayer is, these games will last AGES.... A Turn may take ~1s for one person who has nothing to do and is just growing one province, vs a person whose declaring war on multiple fronts taking a few minutes. The person that only spent 1s now has to wait minutes for the other person to finish... and then theres hundreds of others civs.

1 hour ago, krauser3ful said:

for that to be possible, the multiplayer mode would have to eliminate the system of shifts to move to one in real time, similar to that of crusader kings, EU, etc.

Yep, I agree. And with RTS mode, Large nations will have a massive disadvantage, unable to assimilate land easily while upgrading their provinces compared to smaller nations which has few things to do. By the time large nations move their troops to a front line, the enemy would have pushed already.

All players are making their turns at the same time, and the turn passes every 15s, 30s, 1m or 2m depending on what host selects. this is my suggestion.

Edited by al802

It can be done if lukasz made a lobby system like in hearts of iron IV so that the host can select some settings before starting. The turns will pass automatically After some time and that time depends on the setting that the host chose. And alternative setting will be that the multiplayer settings can be done with a changed version of Warzone (web-based game) Turn system.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Leeb
      Recently I had an idea, it's the idea by adding a focus tree into the game. Its gonna be based like the images I will attach with this thread. 
      The focus tree will redirect to another focus (Represented by events in my images)

(I know it's not the first time someone is aware that we need more stuff into the game but I'm adding my point.)

• By KotE
      WAŻNE cyferki wżuć do folderu civilization editor
      1861 wojna secesyjna mapa świata.rar

• By Verdmidious Reznov
      Hey um, I have a problem trying to create a city on the android port of aoc2. when I created a city/capital/town  (for example: Weimar (should I want to put as the capital of the Weimar Republic in 1919-1933)) it disappears instantly, have I done something wrong?
    • By 11:59 Development Team
      I'm sure this is common knowledge at this point, but in case you don't know, I'm going to be brutally honest:
      Lukasz Jakowski (the developer of this game) never listens to any of these suggestions, and has effectively ceased any meaningful development. In fact, the developer of this game tends to go missing for months at a time: you'll find it easier to get a hold of Kim Jong Un than it is to contact Lukasz.
      No new features, or mechanics, or even bugfixes will be made to the game. This is the final product, whether you like it or not.

The only exception are cosmetic changes that any modder could have done, such as the Europe map. These are to boost sales of the game, and likely something Lukasz only does if he feels he's running short on cash.
    • By m4ri4no
      Scenario of the Napoleonic wars but, if Napoleon defeats Russia, England and Spain (after 1812) Discord: VETEREN CAT #7822

1587941513867wfedzwcu.zip
  • Popular Now