Age of History 3
ddplf

[Copied from Steam] UI Tweaks for Economic buildup - Please read

Welcome, I'd want this thread to be widespread because it containts a potential milestone in the history of the post-release AoC2 development. Łukasz, please do leave a note so I can know you are reading this.
Economy in this game is fun but probably unattended by most players part of the game. And it is most likely to stay this way due to the fact, that it is also an extremely tiring process, which requires you to move your mouse like a mad man and click like some furious asian in dota. 

Let me tell you what you have to do in order to increase Economy, Development, Stability or Happiness in a single province. Here's what I do:

• Look at the bottom-left panel of the screen. Click a desired icon. I'll go for Development.
  • Now you see a list of your provinces with their state. Now click on one of them twice.
  • Move the slider all the way to the right side and confirm. 
  • Repeat all above for every province until your treasury is empty or you run out of movement points, click next turn. 
  • Repeat all above, continue until you maxed out all your provinces or you die of old age.

This looks terrible when you read it, and it is just as terrible in-game as you would expect.
Now let me tell you how I imagine it should be done: 

• Again - Look at the bottom-left panel of the screen. Click a desired icon. 
  • List pops up but you can also interact with the map. 
  • You want to quickly fill the province with maximum amount of investment you are allowed to do using the slider, but withous using the slider. You click the Left Shift and on each province a pop up is displayed showing you the cost of that operation. Click Left Shift+LMB and it's done. This way you can swiftly boost multiple provinces in under 5 seconds.

Why do I find it important? Because let me tell you - it's fun, it's faster than conquering and having 300 000 Economy doesn't leave you with 1000 Economy in each of your 300 provinces. Instead you have 20 provinces with 15 000 Economy each. 

It is too hard to acquire population
Wars between two superpowers or atleast powers of equal strenght requires enlisting large portions of population, leaving all of your border provinces empty. 
Let's say that two empires of 500 000 men fought a war. They enlisted a total of 50 000 men each, and now both of them have 450 000 pop. Now these men will probably never be regained, because the growth is so incredibly slow, that the exploited provinces will be forever wastelands. 

Here's what I suggest you should do: 
There should be a way to invest in Immigration. Immigrants will quickly fill your empty provinces, but not with native population. As a result, the province Stability will decrease, but there is a fix to that already in the game. 
Immigration max investment per turn should not be based on the current state of population, but on the province's Economy. 

This text has been copied directly from my thread on Steam where no official answer had been received.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/603850/discussions/0/3315110799624261356/

Came back to forum for the last time just because this topic deserves attention. YOU ARE TOTALLY RIGHT that’s DEFINITELY WHAT WE ALL NEED. Until it’s in a game and bugs are solved, I’m not coming back and I declare war on aoc2 (which I win in Russian speaking segment of internet, telling people the game is buggy etc), about bugs: at least those with vanishing armies. War mechanics really got to be improved (you lose your population so hard and much just because to win the war you have to have a superior numbers, which absolutely doesn’t make any sense, especially when you play minor country. You have to enlist like 50% of your population to survive. And they’ll die like flies anyway doesn’t matter you win or lose). Listed above is the reason I’m going hard on this game. Why improve game, solve bugs, when you can make the forum? Yeah. Good luck to you, topicstarter. You have better view on the game than its own creator.

Edited by ShouldIStayOrShouldIGo

On 12/30/2018 at 3:36 PM, ddplf said:

This looks terrible when you read it, and it is just as terrible in-game as you would expect.
Now let me tell you how I imagine it should be done: 

• Again - Look at the bottom-left panel of the screen. Click a desired icon. 
  • List pops up but you can also interact with the map. 
  • You want to quickly fill the province with maximum amount of investment you are allowed to do using the slider, but withous using the slider. You click the Left Shift and on each province a pop up is displayed showing you the cost of that operation. Click Left Shift+LMB and it's done. This way you can swiftly boost multiple provinces in under 5 seconds.

(i havent read your whole thread yet) I think that the Economy/Development mechanic should work like the Assimilate mechanic:

Step1: Choose your province and click "Invest"

Step2: Fill the province with maximum amount of investment you can do with slider

Step3: Click "Confirm>>" so you go to the next province with the same Slider configuration

Step4: keep going.

On 12/30/2018 at 3:36 PM, ddplf said:

Here's what I suggest you should do: 
There should be a way to invest in Immigration. Immigrants will quickly fill your empty provinces, but not with native population. As a result, the province Stability will decrease, but there is a fix to that already in the game. 
Immigration max investment per turn should not be based on the current state of population, but on the province's Economy. 

This text has been copied directly from my thread on Steam where no official answer had been received.

Immigrants could be attracted to bigger cities. So instead of moving to a random countryside town they move to the Capital for example

Great idea. In addition to that, add how long you want that investment to last for.
So you dont have to wait alot of turns just to invest again.