Age of Civilizations
Kittenhux

(WORK IN PROGRESS) Warhammer 40,000 Mod

Posted (edited)

latest?cb=20160329052406&path-prefix=ru

"In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only War".

From the creator of the Star Wars Mod...

I announce you the mod which will bring you in 38,000 years in the grimdark future of Warhammer 40,000 universe! 

The mod where you'll be able to play as a mighty Chaos Lord, awesome Ork Warboss, ambitious Tau Ethereal... or maybe as the Emperor of Mankind himself leading His legions to conquer the galaxy?

The map has been finished with finally 4959 provinces!

tZ4piSN.png

25TBUKT.png

A dozen of Space Hulks have been added. I warn you that it would be rather hard to find them on map. Beside them, I've added a region I called "Forbidden Stars". This is a region where no Imperial ship dared to go. Here will be Slann holdings, the species which are older than Eldar, and a couple of fledgling xenos empires. Its territorial purpose is to make the border between the Ghost Stars and Segmentum Ultima. This region is purely fan-fictional, and names of provinces were borrowed from Stellaris, but the species which populate them do exist in 40k canon.

Now, I am going to add galaxy features such as warp storms, nebulae, star clusters, etc. And then I'll begin making a scenario!

Planned Features:

• Big galaxy map with 4959 provinces!
  • Once used in Star Wars Modorganic bordering is applied to most of the provinces. New principle of bordering applied: there are no provinces bigger than one peripheric square of the background map used in Map Editor (albeit there are some exceptions, these are early provinces of sectors in Obscurus). That's why you can see the gaps which are also made organic and appropriate-looking.  There are also Systems applied (small concentric rings of provinces can be seen on the first picture). Some of planets in them also have moons.
  • As I stated, the galaxy map has its own Continents and Regions packs. Continents are Segmentums, Regions are Sectors. The map has more than 250 sectors!
  • It's still hard to say how many civilizations will be there. Besides the Imperium, Tyranids and Tau which are united factions, I plan to introduce dozens of Chaos, Orks and Necrons civilizations. I will also try to introduce as many minor xenos civilisations as it possible. In the Imperium, there will be abhuman minorities, Chaos and Genestealer cults which would rebel one time (because in Warhammer 40k, there is only war, and in AoC2, with war also comes lesser stability). The final number will obviously be bigger than Star Wars Mod has.
  • Initially only recommended, but then each major faction's independent civilization will have certain mechanics. For example, Ork Empires would increase their happiness up to 100% when they are at war but they would get -20% happiness fine if they are not at war for a long time. The same thing would apply for civilizations worshipping Khorne, but they would get not only the happiness fine (which would be -33%) but also lose the money and the movement points.
  • New biomes for the alien worlds inherited from and compatible with Star Wars Mod. Ecumenopoils terrain renamed as Hive World. Besides them, 5 new terrain types added (Daemon World, Craftworld, Maiden World, Webway Gate, Space Hulk).
  • I'm not sure yet how many new ages here will be. I can definitely say here will be Age of Terra (5000-15000), Dark Age of Technology (15000-25000), Age of Strife (25000-29797), Great Crusade (29798-30003), Horus Heresy (30004-30014), The Time of Rebirth (30015-31000?/37999?), The Waning (38000?-40743), The Time of Ending (40744-40999) and The Era Indomitus (41000-???). The Age of Civilizations will be extended back to 8000 BC (to allow to write the Emperor's birth date). There will be also the War in Heaven age dating back to 65,000,000 BC. It's only purpose is to write the birth date of Necron leaders. But there are also The Forging, Nova Terra Interregnum, Age of Apostasy and Age of Redemption. I consider them worthless to add because there are no planned scenarios for these times. At shorter, there will be from 9 to 13 new ages.
  • New fonts borrowed right from the Warhammer's official books.
  • Initially, there will be only 1 or 2 scenarios ("Warhammer 40,000 Civilizations from their Homeworlds" (probably) and "7th Edition") dedicated to the end of 41st millenium. Further, I plan to make scenarios dedicated to Indomitus Crusade, Horus Heresy and the Great Crusade (definitely), Unification Wars scenario on Earth map (likely) and "Humankind Divided" scenario (unlikely). There will be from 5 to 7 new scenarios.
  • 6 new government types inherited from Star Wars Mod (if you possess Addon+): Corporate, Stratocracy, Criminal Organization, Magocracy, Hive Mind, Machine Intelligence.
  • I don't know yet how many leaders' portraits will be here. Leaders of major factions whose arts I would not find will use generic portraits, from 10 to 20 per each faction. They will be Hearts of Iron 4-styled and based on miniatures' photos.
  • 58 (currently) new tracks related or non-related but well-fitting to the Warhammer 40,000 universe. This number is planned to be increased up to 60 or 70 tracks.
  • (Probably) the small changes in UI such as changing the government crowns and/or the city dots.

I hope I would finish making this map up to the end of August. The version 1.0, especially "7th Edition" scenario will be done immediately after the map will be finished.

Edited by Kittenhux
Map finished!

Hello there.

I have emerged from the depths of the Warp with good news: finally, the galaxy map has been finished! From the depths of the Warp I brought a dozen of Space Hulks to allow Genestealers and Lacrymoles to thrive, and to Chaos Space Marines to hide from the Imperial justice.

Now I'm busy with adding galaxy features, and I will begin from the Eye of Terror.

Hello there.

I've ended adding galaxy features, and, by the way, I'm busy with making "Warhammer 40,000 Civilizations from Homeworlds" scenario. There are already 100 civilizations/factions for the single Imperium. And not all of them will be featured in this scenario: for example, Chaos or Genestealer cults with uncertain or previously occupied homeworld will be featured in "7th Edition" scenario which will be done after that.