Age of Civilizations
Shehab666

Stronger Rebels, Lower Assimilation.

Imagine Countrywide Revolutions, in Colonies and Conquered Lands, That End up creating either vassals if you win or a new country if you lose?

before you tell me "it's already in the game!" I know, I'm not as dumb as I look, but seriously, rebels are weak and don't create anything stable, the only time I lost to rebels was a tiny revolution in Florence, it created the country of Florence back but, maybe there could be civil wars, and assimilation is also very strong, it can wipe out a whole ethnic majority if you focus on it, Personally I think assimilating a province should be not converting the locals (OK fine i know this was hard on you Lukas.) or just a little bit of converting, but most of the conversion of locals happens through time, and only stabilizing a province, armies on a province could do the same thing with unrest instead of you crushing rebellions before they even start, and if you win, instead of re-annexing that land it should be a vassal, like maybe instead of be winning a Granadian rebellion then they would become a vassal, that is on the same level with your name similar to Eu 4 (Castilian Granada) and this opens up a whole new area that I think deserves a post of itself, but anyways rebellions could also happen in colonies, like that 50% neutral population could form a new civilization, now this part i thing Lukas can do, colonial independent civilizations like maybe New Something depending on their name, once again this deserves a post of its own, and now for my main point, rebellions should be harder to beat, maybe they could be like i said civil wars to change the ideology and if they win it wouldn't be game over, you'd continue as the other ideology and can't change it for a while maybe, this could be extended further as you can try to change the ideology before the time limit and you have to fight your own civil war.

Again all of these are suggestions they don't necessarily need to be added as these would make the game more complex that it's original shape but this is my first chance to be part of an effective and supportive community so I'll try to give as much suggestions as I can.

Agreed. Revolutions need to happen more often, especially in provinces with high foreign cores, for example, I had an Ottoman province with 98% Persian population and 26% happiness, and it still wouldn't revolt

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Shrimpy5678
      SEPARATISTS V3
      ‼️NOW WITH 400+ CIVILIZATIONS ‼️
      ❗60+ NEW CIVILIZATIONS❗

A brief foreword:
      Hello Everyone,
      This scenario has been in development for quite a while and I've reached the first major milestone in this project. Its come a long way since V1, but this is not the end for the scenario. Anyways, thank you for your continued interest and support for SEPARATISTS and I hope you enjoy this version. 
      Thanks,
      Shrimpy5678
      What's new?
      Well, I'm glad you asked!
      Added Asia Added Saint Pierre and Miquelon Changed North American borders Updated some flags What is the future of SEPARATISTS?
      Here's a general plan:
      V4: add form-able civilizations, such as separatist movements that come from ancient kingdoms/empires
      V5: add events (will be primarily for larger civilizations)
      V6/Final: add more events (for smaller civilizations), review borders, etc.
      Future: I'll continue to run general maintenance on SEPARATISTS, but won't make larger changes.
      HEY! THAT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE!!!
      If you find an error in one of the borders that you want changed, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. If I missed a secessionist movement, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I'd also appreciate if you link me to a source about the movement. I want this scenario to depict all separatist movements as accurately as possible (with the standard AOC2 map).
      Pictures:
      Full Map: Africa: North and Central America: Europe: Middle East: South America: South Asia: East Asia: North and West Asia: \ Oceania: DOWNLOADS (Original):
      Civilizations:
      File:
      SepV3_Civs.zip
      Instructions:
      Open the SepV3_Civs zip folder Open the SepV3_Civs folder Open File Explorer Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Age of Civilizations II\game\civilizations_editor in File Explorer Copy everything in the SepV3_Civs and paste it into civilizations_editor Replace the files (if prompted) Scenario:
      File:
      SepV3_Scen.zip
      Instructions:
      Open the SepV3_Scen zip folder Open the SepV3_Scen folder Open File Explorer Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Age of Civilizations II\map\Earth\scenarios in File Explorer Move 1562988474400yhoimcbd and paste it into scenarios Replace the files (if prompted) DOWNLOADS (3.1):
      Civilizations:
      File:
      SepV3.1_Civs.zip
      Instructions:
      Open the SepV3.1_Civs zip folder Open the SepV3.1_Civs folder Open File Explorer Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Age of Civilizations II\game\civilizations_editor in File Explorer Copy everything in the SepV3_Civs and paste it into civilizations_editor Replace the files (if prompted) Scenario:
      File:
      SepV3.1_Scen.zip
      Instructions:
      Open the SepV3.1_Scen zip folder Open File Explorer Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Age of Civilizations II\map\Earth\scenarios in File Explorer Move 1562988474400yhoimcbd and paste it into scenarios Replace the files (if prompted) Flags:
      File:
      SepV3.1_Flags.zip
      Instructions:
      Open the SepV3.1_Flags zip folder Open the SepV3.1_Flags folder You should now see two folders (SepV3.1flags and SepV3.1flagsH) Open File Explorer Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Age of Civilizations II\game in File Explorer find the flags and flagsH folder copy the files from SepV3.1flags and put them into flags  Replace the files if prompted copy the files from SepV3.1flagsH and put them into flagsH  Replace the files if prompted
    • By Shrimpy5678
      SEPARATISTS (EUROPE ONLY) V1:
      Hello! This is a scenario I made that tries to make every separatist movement in Europe independent. This is the first version, so I will continue modifying the map to make it more accurate. If you are familiar with one of these movements and see an inaccuracy, please let me know and I will fix the problem in the next version. I plan on continuing the separatists scenario to include the entire world, but that might take a while.
      The current scenario only has new civilizations, no events or form-able civilizations (although I intend to add them later).
      Thank you!
      Pictures: Full Map Ukraine and Moldova Russia Serbia Czech Republic and Slovakia Italy Denmark Germany France Netherlands and Belgium Spain Poland REQUIRED FILES: 
      1562988474400yhoimcbd.zip
      (insert to Age of Civilizations II > map > Earth > scenarios)
      Civilizations.zip
      (insert to Age of Civilizations II > game > civilizations_editor)

• By WolodyaRed21
      Do the rebels constantly interfere with you?Do they ruin your plans to conquer the world?You can not get rid of them?
      Download this mod that reduces the likelihood of rebellion to zero.
      Ages.json
    • By izman1234
      I tried instigating rebels in the USA and seeing if they could take over a chunk of land. I supported them and tried to be their ally and help them. I was in a war at the time against the USA New Zealand and some random island. I don't know if I had tried to make them my vassel or something but now I can't make peace with any of these countries no matter what. It says that the rebels are part of the peace deal but since they have 0/0 provinces they don't exist. I can't make peace when them ever so now I can't have any allies. It doesn't even say that the rebels or the other country denied my peace negotiation. I don't know if there is a way to delete these rebels that don't exist or not. Thanks. Hopefully that wasn't too confusing.
    • By gustavoheiden
      I have experienced an annoying mechanic of the Rebels.
      Let's say I conquered some land and I'm still on war and a rebellion starts, then if I try to get this piece of land back I actually give all my soldiers to the opponent and that country gets the land back.
      I think it could be fixed by not allowing a rebellion in a war zone (conquered province, but still on war).

I made a video showing that game mechanic:
      https://www.youtube.com/embed/ENO0nQI7wcM?start=13

• Popular Now