Age of History 3
Golo

"The Age of the Rings" A Lord of the Rings Mod for Age of Civilisations II 7868 provinces done

Will different government types have different functions? Will they play differently. 

Please subdivide gondor into its constituent parts of fiefdoms and principalities from Dol Amroth to Lossaernach and beyond. 

4 hours ago, Halowarrior28 said:

Will this playable on android? That's all I have 😕

I will try to port it to Android when the PC Version is finished, but I really can't promise you anything.

Will different government types have different functions? Will they play differently. 

Please subdivide gondor into its constituent parts of fiefdoms and principalities from Dol Amroth to Lossaernach and beyond. 

Different government types will play different in that they get large bonuses or penalties, for example Mordor would have a government (name not yet decided) that would give it strong Bonuses for attack (maybe 25%), defense (10%?) and population growth (probably like 50%). And for your request of dividing Gondor into it's fiefdoms, I actually wanted to do this but this would leave Gondor in a way to weak state, they would lose almost all their land and would not stand a chance against Mordor. The only way I could make this work is by doing the same with all other large countries, which I may do but I would have to test it before.

In regards to dividing larger imperial states like Gondor up. Would it at least be possible to build nations in custom maps and scenarios? 

So if Dol Amroth isn't in the custom campaign will I be able to customise the same map and add it. Like we are able to add countries or change borders with the base game?

(where we can make our own flag and country) 

Could these different territories have a percentage of their national loyalty leaning toward their fiefdom to reflect the difference in culture and peoples? 

Please use the Tengwar script flag for Umbar, to reflect their black numenorian ancestry. Could you give certian lands negative bonuses that cause things like attrition or lower moral this could reflect the demoralising effect it would have for Gondor to occupy a land like Dagorland or Mordor. 

Maybe it might be interesting to give some flavour to the army units you can recruit in game. They wouldn't have to be functionaly different the superficial differnation would add flavour by itself. 

Will you do historical scenarios within the Lore, The Fabled Age of Numenor, The Downfall, The War of the last Alliance, War of the Ring and a map that depicts the world post-King Elessar in accordance to the borders of his newly acquired lands. 

In regards to dividing larger imperial states like Gondor up. Would it at least be possible to build nations in custom maps and scenarios? 

So if Dol Amroth isn't in the custom campaign will I be able to customise the same map and add it. Like we are able to add countries or change borders with the base game?

(where we can make our own flag and country) 

Could these different territories have a percentage of their national loyalty leaning toward their fiefdom to reflect the difference in culture and peoples? 

Please use the Tengwar script flag for Umbar, to reflect their black numenorian ancestry. Could you give certian lands negative bonuses that cause things like attrition or lower moral this could reflect the demoralising effect it would have for Gondor to occupy a land like Dagorland or Mordor. 

Maybe it might be interesting to give some flavour to the army units you can recruit in game. They wouldn't have to be functionaly different the superficial differnation would add flavour by itself. 

Will you do historical scenarios within the Lore, The Fabled Age of Numenor, The Downfall, The War of the last Alliance, War of the Ring and a map that depicts the world post-King Elessar in accordance to the borders of his newly acquired lands. 

All of these countries will exist in the game, if you want to you can add them. I can also give the population such a percentage but I'am not yet sure if that would work, since a player or the AI could simply assimilate them.

Umbar will have a new flag, the one shown in the picture is just placeholder.

The penalties you mentioned are sadly too complicated to do without changing the code of the game, there sadly just isn't a concept of morale or attrition within the game. While it is certainly possible it is too complicated for me to do, at least at this moment.

There will be a lot of scenarios as  I mentioned, but I can go into more detail. The first scenario will be the fall of Númenor, it won't feature Númenor itself but will feature both Arnor and Gondor. Gondor has it's capital at Pelargir and Arnor it's at Lond Daer, they will both have expand in order to survive. each will hold about 40 provinces. The War of the last Alliance will also have it's own scenario. Maybe it will even have events. The war of the Ring will of course also have a scenario, in fact it is the main one. And there will also be a fourth age scenario with the High Kingdom of Arnor and Gondor.

For scenarios including Númenor I will make a special map, this map will basicly just be the standard Map but with Númenor and Valinor added. Númenor will have a lot of provinces ( probably almost 1.000) and valinor itself, since it's a powerful continent will probably have 1.000-2.000 provinces.

Giving flavour to army units sounds interesting but that too would need changes in the code.

Far Harad is now complete, I have begun remaking most of southern Bellakar to make the map more realisic. I will also now add southern Middle earth.

The far south is a particularly interesting place because of the remnant numenorean Kingdoms scatterred there.

What are you considering creating in the deep south? From what I've read the politics of that land are byzantine and contrived. Many princes ruling over lucreative trade routes that head eastward. The black numenorians hold a monopoly on the ivory and slave trade. I think it might be interesting to explore the notion of some form of troll country. 

During the battle of Pelloner Fields there were half trolls that fought for Sauron and a number of inexplicable swarthy faced peoples. If you could pay homage to this idea by taking creative liberty in creating something that would articulate that it would be pretty cool. 

5 hours ago, Halowarrior28 said:

What are you considering creating in the deep south? From what I've read the politics of that land are byzantine and contrived. Many princes ruling over lucreative trade routes that head eastward. The black numenorians hold a monopoly on the ivory and slave trade. I think it might be interesting to explore the notion of some form of troll country. 

During the battle of Pelloner Fields there were half trolls that fought for Sauron and a number of inexplicable swarthy faced peoples. If you could pay homage to this idea by taking creative liberty in creating something that would articulate that it would be pretty cool. 

I will defininatly create a lot of smaller kingdoms maybe even City states in the south. There will be a lot of sometimes tiny kingdoms claiming heritage from ancient Númenor, these will sometimes consist of only a few small islands off the coast.

In the northern portion of the south, that would still be very arid would be City states around trade routes that haradrim traders might use, these will maybe be vassals of Harad but thats not certain, maybe some will be. This northern portion is also where I would put such a troll-man Kingdom. 

The eastern part of the far south is probably the part of the map with the least sources, there are maps depicting some cities and Kingdoms, but not much, a similar situation to what can be found in the far east, just slightly worse.

Another even larger problem with the south is the question of the map I will use as a reference, their are several depicting it completely differently, so I will have to choose the one that looks most interesting. And I will probably not choose the one where it looks like a crude version of Africa.

For anyone wondering why I have not uploaded any news for this project, I did not have much time, but now I do again. I will upload news and a few Screenshots today.

Hi Golo, I am Aris from Persia, your post was so exciting for me that after visiting this site for a long time without an account, I was persuaded to create an account to leave a comment.
You are really amazing that you started making such a big and different plan.
I suggest you do not think about the completion of this project until the end of 2021 because we have been waiting for such a big project for a long time, so quality has a higher priority. I'm glad to be able to help you with this remarkable project.

I fully understand that the biggest problem is painting behind the map. I have two painter friends and I will ask their opinion and let them know. I also suggest you ask Łukasz Jakowski how the drawing prepared the main drawings of the game?

As for the ability of leaders, I do not think they should have offensive and defensive power above 7% because they cause imbalance. Even Adolf Hitler's attacking ability in the game is 4%.
But you were also thinking about 25% !!! What's going on ! 🥶 😅   Just increase the movement points .

I can help you with the names of the eastern and southern states and suggest at least 1000 names. If you are interested in the cultural and linguistic diversity of cities, I can give the name of the city in Russian, Persian, Turkish, Arabic, Hindi, etc.

I saw the photos you published from the map and I feel the size of the states is small, please send me the beta version of the map for me to see closely.

Finally, to make the map more exciting, I suggest adding the number of states to at least 8,500 to 10,000 or even more, and at least four short mountain ranges to separate the route of some states , and several lakes . Increase strategic areas, this is the most important reason for the attractiveness of the battle in the Middle East in game and real world .

Thank you very much. 🌹

Edited by Aris24
One more idea

4 hours ago, Aris24 said:

Hi Golo, I am Aris from Persia, your post was so exciting for me that after visiting this site for a long time without an account, I was persuaded to create an account to leave a comment.
You are really amazing that you started making such a big and different plan.
I suggest you do not think about the completion of this project until the end of 2021 because we have been waiting for such a big project for a long time, so quality has a higher priority. I'm glad to be able to help you with this remarkable project.

I fully understand that the biggest problem is painting behind the map. I have two painter friends and I will ask their opinion and let them know. I also suggest you ask Łukasz Jakowski how the drawing prepared the main drawings of the game?

As for the ability of leaders, I do not think they should have offensive and defensive power above 7% because they cause imbalance. Even Adolf Hitler's attacking ability in the game is 4%.
But you were also thinking about 25% !!! What's going on ! 🥶 😅   Just increase the movement points .

I can help you with the names of the eastern and southern states and suggest at least 1000 names. If you are interested in the cultural and linguistic diversity of cities, I can give the name of the city in Russian, Persian, Turkish, Arabic, Hindi, etc.

I saw the photos you published from the map and I feel the size of the states is small, please send me the beta version of the map for me to see closely.

Finally, to make the map more exciting, I suggest adding the number of states to at least 8,500 to 10,000 or even more, and at least four short mountain ranges to separate the route of some states , and several lakes . Increase strategic areas, this is the most important reason for the attractiveness of the battle in the Middle East in game and real world .

Thank you very much. 🌹

Hey man, nice to see such interest in this project. I do want to have quality as high as possible, so the final release will probably move to january. For the style of the background, I have attached an example picture. This is not final, but it is the style I would probably do. Your criticism with the buffs of the leaders is pretty understandable, but I do think that it makes sense, if you play as Mordor you would expect to be much more powerful than all other countries, and improving leader stats is a good way to do that without creating additional provinces. Giving Sauron only a 7% buff for attack would seem way too low considering how powerful he is. Help with the cities would be greatly appreciated. For now I will only make the mod in english, I may add some afterwards though. There are already more than 8000 provinces, I will have to add more though, since a third of the world is still empty. There are many mountains, rivers and a few lakes, you can see them in the screenshots, of course there will be more though.

MapTestColored.png

Edited by Golo

10 hours ago, Golo said:

Hey man, nice to see such interest in this project. I do want to have quality as high as possible, so the final release will probably move to january. For the style of the background, I have attached an example picture. This is not final, but it is the style I would probably do. Your criticism with the buffs of the leaders is pretty understandable, but I do think that it makes sense, if you play as Mordor you would expect to be much more powerful than all other countries, and improving leader stats is a good way to do that without creating additional provinces. Giving Sauron only a 7% buff for attack would seem way too low considering how powerful he is. Help with the cities would be greatly appreciated. For now I will only make the mod in english, I may add some afterwards though. There are already more than 8000 provinces, I will have to add more though, since a third of the world is still empty. There are many mountains, rivers and a few lakes, you can see them in the screenshots, of course there will be more though.

MapTestColored.png

So my suggestion is to create two scenarios for this beautiful map, the first is the Lord of the Rings scenario with the powers that you have in mind for the leaders. The second is the balance version of the leaders without the character and rule of the Lord of the Rings, because after playing the Lord of the Rings scenario several times, there is a need to play the balance version in this map.

I liked your background, but the problem is that I thought the mountains should separate the states, not be conquered as a state.

Two-thirds of the map is still built and there are 8,000 states! This is extraordinary. So you end up estimating at least 11,000 states?

For the mode language, I can prepare an English to Persian translation for this mode, please give me the opportunity to cooperate. Do you only know English? where are you from ?

And what do you think of my suggestion for the names of the states?

6 hours ago, Aris24 said:

So my suggestion is to create two scenarios for this beautiful map, the first is the Lord of the Rings scenario with the powers that you have in mind for the leaders. The second is the balance version of the leaders without the character and rule of the Lord of the Rings, because after playing the Lord of the Rings scenario several times, there is a need to play the balance version in this map.

I liked your background, but the problem is that I thought the mountains should separate the states, not be conquered as a state.

Two-thirds of the map is still built and there are 8,000 states! This is extraordinary. So you end up estimating at least 11,000 states?

For the mode language, I can prepare an English to Persian translation for this mode, please give me the opportunity to cooperate. Do you only know English? where are you from ?

And what do you think of my suggestion for the names of the states?

I can certainly create two scenario versions, but that is something that has to be tested first. As for the mountains, don't worry, they will be their own provinces, and will be wasteland. The mountain visible in the picture is only an example. The mod will likely have above 11000 provinces, how many exactly I can't quite say yet though. Your offer of translation is very nice, but first I must complete the mod before a translation can begin.

Heya, so i decided to create a funmade flag for Lossarnach, cuz i very love the Lotr universe, and i like your mod (aaaand i saw few good Lossarnach flag concepts)! I hope you like it, and you can use this. Keep it up!

princedom_of_lossarnach_flag.png

10 hours ago, DkD said:

Heya, so i decided to create a funmade flag for Lossarnach, cuz i very love the Lotr universe, and i like your mod (aaaand i saw few good Lossarnach flag concepts)! I hope you like it, and you can use this. Keep it up!

Thanks man, I will definitely use it.

5 hours ago, Golo said:

Thanks man, I will definitely use it.

Not big deal, btw if you need more flag, i can make more gladly.

On 12/12/2021 at 3:08 PM, DkD said:

Not big deal, btw if you need more flag, i can make more gladly.

If you want to, you could make a flag of Khand.

On 12/11/2021 at 10:50 PM, DkD said:

82122659_Screenshot(169).thumb.png.5d7959443c5d963c327046f12ef17031.png