Age of History 3

Fun

2 words. Online Multiplayer.

4 minutes ago, Lativ said:

I think it's expensive and quite time taking, otherwise Łukasz would certainly add it. Let's just wait for AoC3

Or we could wait for an update in the future. Keep in mind, FAAAR into the future. Like a year later or something.

1 minute ago, Sonicsweden1 said:

Or we could wait for an update in the future. Keep in mind, FAAAR into the future. Like a year later or something.

True.

Yeah but a question, how would it work, do you have a limited time to do your turn? And if you do, then a player can declare war on you in the last 5 seconds and you wouldnt have time to recruit, and if every player has a separate turn, it would take too long for a turn to pass and when you declare war on someone who has already done his turn, it is simply unfair. Please explain

59 minutes ago, steffan said:

Yeah but a question, how would it work, do you have a limited time to do your turn? And if you do, then a player can declare war on you in the last 5 seconds and you wouldnt have time to recruit, and if every player has a separate turn, it would take too long for a turn to pass and when you declare war on someone who has already done his turn, it is simply unfair. Please explain

Thats the point,every single turn take too long to wait. Maybe it can work in small campaign maps like australia ,balkans and ,mid-east so that decisions can be made faster.

7 minutes ago, steffan said:

I think it should be like Civ where every human player can take their turn at the same time and you use RNG to determine who's orders get carried out first when the next turn button is hit by all players. 

21 minutes ago, TheFirstHi said:

I think it should be like Civ where every human player can take their turn at the same time and you use RNG to determine who's orders get carried out first when the next turn button is hit by all players. 

I agree with that!

1 hour ago, TheFirstHi said:

I agree with that too.  And in AOC3 he could make it purely grand strategy and do away with the turn-based system (I have no problem with it, I just don't think it's the best for a multiplayer game).  It's also been confirmed before that AOC3 will have different unit types.  

1 hour ago, TheFirstHi said:

I agree with that tho I'm a bit unsure how it will be pulled of with a game like AoCII.

1 hour ago, Sonicsweden1 said:

I agree with that tho I'm a bit unsure how it will be pulled of with a game like AoCII.

I believe the way @Łukasz Jakowski has the game coded, it fits well into the model because whenever you give an order to your army, it loads the order into a queue and then executes them based on either RNG or input order depending on your selection in the options.