Age of History 3
PETER

Why Countries Should Not be Ranked

Unlike many Paradox games and other Grand strategy games, AOC2 has the curse of a ranking system.  This perhaps seriously downgrades progression to world superpower, as it doesn't feel natural.  

This also takes away all the fun of studying your neighbors, and deciding which ones are safe for conquest.  In my Tuscany campaign Mantua and Venice are obviously far apart, but Genoa and Milan is a little blurred.  Ranking ruins the surprise.

On top of that, the ranking isn't even that good.  There are so many factors that should be at play, such as army size, but again Lucas entirely prioritizes on economy.  

Thankfully, this isn't adding, only taking away.  If anyone disagrees, then implement the option to toggle it.

Being a Great Power (top 10) really doesn't mean much since all it takes is just 2-3 lesser ranks to take you down.

If anything is should be about the influence it has around the surround nation. 

Say if you have a strong enough Army you can almost guarantee peace in the surround area or if you have a high economy which would be good for other economy's or some other system.

11 hours ago, PETER said:

Unlike many Paradox games and other Grand strategy games, AOC2 has the curse of a ranking system.  This perhaps seriously downgrades progression to world superpower, as it doesn't feel natural.  

This also takes away all the fun of studying your neighbors, and deciding which ones are safe for conquest.  In my Tuscany campaign Mantua and Venice are obviously far apart, but Genoa and Milan is a little blurred.  Ranking ruins the surprise.

On top of that, the ranking isn't even that good.  There are so many factors that should be at play, such as army size, but again Lucas entirely prioritizes on economy.  

Thankfully, this isn't adding, only taking away.  If anyone disagrees, then implement the option to toggle it.

nah I would rather see the ranks

Guest Guest
On 1/24/2019 at 5:07 AM, PETER said:

Unlike many Paradox games and other Grand strategy games, AOC2 has the curse of a ranking system

I don’t know paradoxl games without a “curse ranking system”, that can be displayed directly from the menu (as in Victoria) or with “retirement”, as in HoI4, with lots of information about all empires. What game did you mean?

I think that the Ranking System is ok and that it should be in the game, but it needs to be worked on such as special features for great powers (like Vic2's Crisises and Sphering) and there should be other factors for being considered a great power (such as Army ,etc) I also think that you shouldnt be able to see the ranking of every nation. you should only be able to see the top 10 great powers.

On 1/23/2019 at 7:07 PM, PETER said:

We need an infamy system

The current ranking system needs some rework. Since it was entirely based on your economy and population, not your tech and armies.

It's ridiculous to see Indonesia has a better rank than most of European powers in Modern World campaign just because they had more population than them.

19 hours ago, Ms.Kanna said:

The current ranking system needs some rework. Since it was entirely based on your economy and population, not your tech and armies.

It's ridiculous to see Indonesia has a better rank than most of European powers in Modern World campaign just because they had more population than them.

The truth, Indonecia is always world power IS ILOGIC.